Chulalongkorn University has taken a leading role in implementing interactive collaboration with the international community. In order to further develop academic cooperation between Thailand and foreign countries, the University has established the “Graduate Scholarship Programme for ASEAN or Non-ASEAN countries” to provide financial assistance to international students who wish to pursue their higher graduate studies at Chulalongkorn University.
Term of the Scholarships:
- Two-year Master’s degree scholarship; the first semester starting in August 2022
- Three-year Doctoral degree scholarships; the first semester starting in August 2022
Provisions of the Scholarships:
The scholarships will cover the following:
- An economy class, round-trip ticket, as actually paid. It should also be noted that
- For students from ASEAN, the airfare of each leg of the trip must not exceed 8,500 Baht;
- For students from Asian countries, the airfare of each leg of the trip must not exceed 12,000 Baht;
- For students from Europe, Australia and New Zealand as well as Africa, the airfare of each leg must not exceed 20,000 Baht;
- For students from North and South America, the airfare of each leg must not exceed 30,000 Baht.
- Tuition fees (tuition fees for the faculty/special fees charged by the Faculty or the Programme of the students’ choice are excluded. Advanced arrangement between the students and the Faculty/Programme is needed).
- A monthly stipend and accommodation in the amount of 16,000 Baht.
Conditions of the Scholarships:
- The term of the scholarships cannot be extended.
- Recipients of the scholarships are not allowed to defer the period of scholarship acceptance once the scholarship has been granted by the University.
- Recipients are not allowed to accept any off-campus employment in Thailand during the term of the scholarship.
Eligibility of Applicants:
- Applicants must be international graduate students from ASEAN or Non-ASEAN countries.
- Faculty members, researchers and academic staff, who will return to teach/work at their home universities after graduation from Chulalongkorn University, are preferred.
- It should be noted that students from ASEAN or Non-ASEAN countries, who have been studying in any programme at Chulalongkorn University for more than one semester, are not eligible to apply for this scholarship.
- Applicants must have completed a Bachelor’s degree or a Master’s degree in a field related to the field for which they are applying. A degree certificate and an official academic transcript must be submitted with their application.
- Applicants must have obtained a grade point average of not lower than 2.75 for their undergraduate studies and not lower than 3.25 for their graduate studies.
- Applicants must be not be over 40 years of age (as of June 9, 1982)
- Applicants must have a good command of English. A minimum TOEFL score of 500 or 173 Computer-based or IELTS score of 5.0 is required.
- Applicants must be in good health.
Documents Required for Application:
- A completed application form with a 1-inch photograph attached,
- A curriculum vitae,
- An academic transcript issued by the last academic institution that the applicant attended,
- A certificate of graduation, if available,
- A photocopy of the applicant’s passport,
- Two letters of recommendation from the Head, the Director or the Dean of the institution of the applicant’s affiliation or from the applicant’s superiors,
- A medical certificate confirming a physical examination in a hospital in the applicant’s home country.
For more information click "LINK TO ORIGINAL" below.