This scholarship supports students and non-students with research or work experience in the field of HIV/AIDS or a related field.
The Scholarship is valued at $6,000 per annum and is tenable for one year only.
- be enrolled in a Master of Social Work (Qualifying), master's by research, PhD, undertaking research into social work, or working full time in the area of HIV
- have a degree or diploma in social welfare, social work, psychology or a related area
- demonstrate program completion and/or training in HIV/AIDS or a related area
- have at least two years’ experience working in HIV or a related field.
- Romy Waterlow spent the last eight years of her life dedicated to working as a counsellor in the area of HIV/AIDS at Royal North Shore Hospital and within the North Shore community.
- This Scholarship was established in 1998 to provide financial assistance to counsellors in the area of HIV/AIDS.
- Applicants must be enrolled in Sydney School of Education and Social Work at the University of Sydney in one of the following degrees:
Master of Social Work (Qualifying),
Masters by Research, or PhD.
- To be eligible for the Scholarship, applicants should have:
a degree or diploma in Social Welfare, Social Work or Psychology or a related area,
evidence of program completion and/or of training in the HIV/AIDS or related area, and
at least two years’ experience working in HIV or a related field.
The Scholarship will be awarded on the basis of:
- academic merit,
- demonstrated commitment to ongoing work in the area of HIV and related areas,
- curriculum vitae detailing training and work experience, and
- a personal statement which includes:
the education and training program for which this Scholarship will be used,
demonstrated commitment to ongoing work in the area of HIV and related areas, and information on how this scholarship would benefit, contribute and enhance their ongoing work in HIV/AIDS or related areas.
- The Scholarship will be awarded by Sydney School of Education and Social Work Awards Committee or their nominated delegates in consultation with the Romy Waterlow Fellowship Trust Sub-Committee, established for this Trust or their delegates.
- Both full-time and part-time enrolled successful recipients will receive $6,000 per annum.
- The Scholarship will be tenable for one year only.
- The Scholarship annual value will be paid as a one off payment after the coursework census date of the semester.
- Deferral of the Scholarship is not permitted without the prior permission of Sydney School of Education and Social Work Awards Committee and it is not transferable to another University school, faculty or university.
- The Scholarship will be offered subject to the availability of funds.
- No other amount is payable.
- The recipient is required to provide the Sydney School of Education and Social Work, at the end of their scholarship, the following:
a short report that includes:
the impact of the Scholarship on their education, training and/or commitment in HIV/AIDS or related areas, and information on how the Scholarship contributed and enhanced their ongoing work in HIV/AIDS or related areas.
- information to assist with compiling their biography.
For more information click "LINK TO ORIGINAL" below.