Scholarships for the Master of European Legal Studies - (MELS Online) 2021-2023
The Ministry of Foreign and European Affairs of Luxembourg (MFEA) offers six scholarships for officials, members of the judiciary, representatives of civil society organisations and legal professions from the following countries: Albania, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Kosovo, North Macedonia, Montenegro, Serbia, and Turkey
The purpose of the scholarship is to allow six candidates who have already started their professional career to follow the Master programme in European Legal Studies (MELS Online) in Luxembourg. The scholarship is intended in particular for applicants with a need of financial support.
Master of European Legal Studies Criteria for admission
• Bachelor’s degree. Diploma in law, political science, economics, European studies or modern languages, etc., will be considered as an advantage;
• Active knowledge of English or French, with at least a passive knowledge of the other language to be certified by recognised language diplomas or proofs of residency and/or studies in countries where these languages are used;
• Commitment to successfully complete the master programme for professionals which requires attending 4 academic weekends per semester. Half of the academic weekends will be attended via the online video conferencing software, and half of the academic weekends will require traveling to Luxembourg to attend face-to-face lectures, once public health restrictions have been lifted. Successful completion of the master programme also requires following the online distance learning components of the course, culminating with online exams;
• Completion of the MELS application form including a comprehensive letter of motivation stating the reasons for application and the ability to cover certain costs (see below the coverage of the scholarship); and
• Letter of acceptance from the employer to follow the study programme, explicitly agreeing to necessary absences due to international travel and attending lectures on Fridays.
For more information click "LINK TO ORIGINAL" below.