Senior Research Fellowship Programme: Theoretical and Experimental Physics
At CERN, the European Organization for Nuclear Research, physicists and engineers are probing the fundamental structure of the universe. Using the world's largest and most complex scientific instruments, they study the basic constituents of matter - fundamental particles that are made to collide together at close to the speed of light. The process gives physicists clues about how particles interact, and provides insights into the fundamental laws of nature.
Diversity has been an integral part of CERN's mission since its foundation and is an established value of the Organization.
Welcome to the Senior Research Fellowship Programme: Theoretical and Experimental Physics.
The Senior Research Fellowship Programme is aimed at graduates from universities studying in the fields of theoretical and experimental physics with between 4 and 10 years’ experience. Senior Research Fellowships are intended for PhD graduates looking to work in a research group.
Please remember that you are applying for a programme and not for a specific job. If selected, you will have a free choice of research group. To this end, please motivate your interest during the interactive online application process, and/or attach a separate motivation letter. As our online application system only allows for alphanumeric values, an attachment may provide you with a greater freedom of expression.
CERN would very much like to benefit from your expertise, commitment and passion. In return, CERN will provide you with:
- An employment contract for between six months (minimum) up to a maximum of 36 months.
- A stipend ranging from 7,170 to 8,143 Swiss francs per month (net of tax).
- Coverage by CERN’s comprehensive health scheme (for yourself, your spouse and children), and membership of the CERN Pension Fund.
- Depending on your individual circumstances: an installation grant, family, child and infant allowances as well as travel expenses to and from Geneva.
- 2.5 days of paid leave per month.
For more information click "LINK TO ORIGINAL" below.