IPSA Summer School
The Federica Weblearning Center, in cooperation with the International Political Science Association (IPSA), organizes the third edition of the IPSA Summer School (23—26 September 2020, Capri Island). Thanks to the grant provided to IAPSS by the Federica Weblearning Center, the International Association for Political Science Students (IAPSS) is once again launching a Call for Applications for a limited number of scholarships for participation at the IPSA Summer School 2020.
This summer school is an excellent opportunity to receive an in-depth qualitative training in concept building, using the unique approach to concept-building known as ‘Hyperpolitics’. In addition, it unfolds in an innovative format, consisting of, first, the undertaking of a MOOC (massive online open course) on Political Concepts, and followed-by the in-person sessions in late September, focusing on the participants’ own research projects.
In cooperation with the Federica center, IAPSS aims to provide a limited number of (a) registration fee waivers (in the value of 150-250 €) and (b) partial travel/accommodation scholarships to outstanding junior researchers who demonstrate particular interest in concept-building, motivation and commitment to this summer school, and coherent research ideas they can work with in its course.
To this end, the applicants are required to provide:
- A curriculum vitae, focusing on the academic experience of the applicant;
- A max. 2-page motivation letter detailing the reasons of interest in this summer school and the need for the Federica Center—IAPSS scholarships to enable participation at it;
- A breakdown of expected costs of the travels to and from Capri including the expected point of departure and arrival (if the two differ).
All three documents are to be sent by 12 April 2020.
- the summer school and of their enrollment to the IPSA MOOC via the edX platform.
- Recipients of the Federica—IAPSS scholarship are expected to agree with being featured in promotional material of IAPSS and/or the Federica Center.
- The acceptance of the applicants for a scholarship will not be confirmed before their booking of travel and accommodation in Capri. All receipts will need to be provided upon acceptance and all costs (including the registration fee) are reimbursed only after the summer school and upon the conditions of active participation (presence at all sessions unless absence for a well-justified reason) and provision of all receipts required. The amount of the scholarship will depend on the point of departure to and arrival from Naples of the applicant and on the availability of funds.
- The selection process will consist of an in-depth screening of application materials. Those coming close to being selected as scholarship recipients will be put on a reserve list. Those accepted will be expected to provide a binding confirmation of attendance by the deadline stipulated by IAPSS.
Please note that the evaluation of applications for the Federica Center—IAPSS scholarships might not be completed before the general deadline for applications to the Summer School. Applicants who wish to secure their place regardless of whether they receive the Federica Center—IAPSS scholarship are advised to apply through the general Call as well, and if they are accepted, register for the Summer School.
For more information click "LINK TO ORIGINAL" below.