Young Leaders Forum: Innovation, Environment, Future
The Young Leaders’ Forum is an international meeting of young motivated professionals between the ages of 24-38 coming from the EU 28, CE region, V4 countries, and Western Balkans, who are active in the field of innovation. During the event, the participants will have the chance to discuss innovative ideas and pioneer initiatives, improve their leadership potential, and learn new skills that will make them more competitive in their field of expertise and their career.
Who Can Apply?
Motivated young professionals with leadership potential whose professional activities are related to the main topics of the conference: the responsibility of social media and the internet in influencing public perceptions of environmental issues and the spreading of information, the role of science, technology, and innovation in shaping the future of water as a key global resource. We accept applications of those who consider themselves young leaders or (soon-to-be) decision makers in the field of innovation, social media, water science, environmental sciences, and the connected social sciences, natural sciences, and legal studies. We accept applications from experts, who are focusing on the above-mentioned topics in their professional career.
Age Limit: 24-38
Educational Background: MA, PhD (both for ongoing and finished)
DEADLINE OF APPLICATION: 26 January 2020, midnight CET
- Young professionals focusing on the above-mentioned topics, with experience in the fields of innovation, technology, social media, environmental science, water science, water management (private and public sector), and social sciences, natural sciences, legal studies connected to current topics of YLF
- Working knowledge of English (C1)
- Willingness to actively engage both in the programme of YLF and the think.BDPST conference, and participate in different on-line and off-line activities before and during YLF
To be considered for this programme, interested parties should submit their application with their up-to-date CV (one page, uploaded in PDF format, including the applicant’s age and nationality) by 26 January 2020, midnight CET.
During the application procedure, you have to fill out an online application form that includes questions such as:
- Personal Information
- Why would you describe yourself as a young leader?
- What causes or activities are you passionate about aside from your work/research?
- What does innovation mean to you?
- Answer the following questions:
- Please describe in a few sentences what you are planning to present during the elevator pitch.
Let us help. An elevator pitch is a short summary of an idea, product or plan that explains the concept in a way that any listener can understand in a short period of time. Your elevator pitch is a way to share your expertise and explain your new research plan/ idea/ initiative/ product quickly and effectively with people who do not know you. During YLF, a professional coach will help you to prepare for this pitch, however, right now we are curious about the idea you would like to share. This could be any kind of professional idea, connected to the main topics of YLF.
- You have to choose to answer either one of the following questions:
- How science, innovation and technology could shape the future of water as a global resource? Please mention two solutions/technologies that could address challenges associated with water, such as water scarcity, water pollution, etc.
- Fake publications are corrupting the world of research and influencing real news.” What do you think about this statement? What are the impacts of fake news and disinformation on the public understanding of science?
For more information click "LINK TO ORIGINAL" below.
This opportunity has expired. It was originally published here: