Cancer Immunotherapy Winter School
The Society for Immunotherapy of Cancer (SITC) is pleased to host its second Cancer Immunotherapy Winter School, a comprehensive cancer immunotherapy education program, on Jan. 13-17, 2020, at the Hilton Houston Post Oak in Houston. Taught by leading experts in the field, this five-day program provides attendees with a deep understanding of the core principles of tumor immunology and cancer immunotherapy and examines developing areas in the field.
SUMMARY OF APPLICATION PACKET
The application will be organized as outlined below:
- Applicant’s Statement of Career Objectives
- In 50 words or less, please describe your current and future cancer immunotherapy career objectives.
- Applicant’s Statement of Benefit
- In 50 words or less, please state how attendance at the 2020 SITC Cancer Immunotherapy Winter School will help you in reaching your career objectives and advance the field of cancer immunotherapy.
- Proof of Student/Fellow Status or Years from Such Status
- Proof of student/fellow status or years out from such status can be provided through a letter or transcript from the institution at which the applicant completed this work.
To be eligible for this award, applicants must:
- Hold a terminal degree, including but not limited to MD, MD/PhD, PhD or be a student currently enrolled in a program working toward such a degree
- Currently hold a position as a graduate student, postdoctoral fellow, clinical fellow or be no more than four years from completing such training (providing proof of this status)
- Applications from those working in industry will not be accepted
- Be a SITC member in good standing at time of submission (i.e., current in dues)
Selection is made by the SITC Cancer Immunotherapy Winter School Organizers. Applicants will be notified via email of their application’s acceptance or decline within 6-8 weeks of the application deadline. Preference will be given to those who are actively involved in SITC activities.
Applicants will receive reimbursement for their travel and registration according to the SITC reimbursement policy which will be provided upon acceptance of the award. The award is nontransferable. SITC may discontinue the award if it is documented that the purpose or the terms of the award are not being fulfilled. In this event, the recipient will be notified in writing of this determination, the reason, and the effective date.
Applicants will submit a brief applicant statement of career objective and how attending the Winter School will help them achieve their objectives and advance the field of immunotherapy and proof of dates of student/fellow status via the application portal. Application submission will be open Sept. 3, 2019 through Oct. 7, 2019. Applicants will be notified of the decision by early December.
For more information click "LINK TO ORIGINAL" below.
This opportunity has expired. It was originally published here: