Jewish Museum and Tolerance Center (Moscow)
Fellowship in Moscow for doctoral candidates and post-doctoral candidates in the field of history and culture of the Jews in Russia,
with affiliations in research and educational centers outside Russia for work in Moscow’s archives and libraries
Terms of the fellowship:
- Amount of the grant: 100,000 rubles (about $1,500) per month for doctoral candidates; 150,000 rubles (about $2,200) post-doctoral candidates;
- Paid trip to Moscow and back;
- Assistance in obtaining a Russian visa;
- Duration of the fellowship: from 1 to 3 months (to be determined by the applicant);
- Beginning of the fellowship: not earlier than April 1, 2020;
- End of the fellowship: no later than November 30, 2020.
The deadline for submission of applications: November 10, 2019.
Announcement of the contest results: January 20, 2020.
Applications are accepted in electronic form using the Google forms: for doctoral candidates and for post-doctoral candidates. Applications may be submitted both in Russian and in English.
Expected fellowship results:
- Article based on the materials received during the fellowship, prepared for publication in one of the leading scientific journals (within a year after the end of the fellowship);
- Follow-up lecture in the museum at the end of the fellowship on the research topic.
The procedure and criteria for selecting applications for the fellowship:
The applications will be evaluated by members of the expert committee of the Research Center of the Jewish Museum in the following criteria:
- project novelty;
- significance of the expected results;
- research and methodical proficiency of the project.
For more information click "LINK TO ORIGINAL" below.
This opportunity has expired. It was originally published here: