Call for Applications: Regional Human Rights Research Initiative 2019
As part of the Regional Asia Programme on Human Rights and Sustainable Development 2017-2021, the Raoul Wallenberg Institute of Human Rights and Humanitarian Law (RWI) hereby calls for applications from academics (both researchers and lecturers) affiliated with academic institutions in countries eligible for international development cooperation in Asia and the Pacific1 to participate in our regional Human Rights Research Initiative 2019.
About the Research Initiative
This initiative aims at strengthening research skills and thematic knowledge on connections between human rights, gender equality and the environment in the Asia region, with the ultimate objective to influence knowledge, policy, practice and discourse. Thus the initiative’s focus is to strengthen the capacities of academics to contribute to relevant policy and legal developments, support cross-border exchanges and engagement, and encourage more academics from human rights and other fields to participate in international and regional processes.
- Be citizens of eligible countries in Asia
- Be affiliated to an academic institution in eligible countries (this includes current PhD researchers)
- Be committed and available to take part in ALL steps of the research initiative and develop a good working relationship with the mentors
- Be prepared to work collaboratively with another participant on the joint research paper
- Be willing to actively listen and engage with other academic disciplines represented in the group
- Be innovative and interested to explore how the skills obtained could be used, including within current or planned teaching at affiliated institutions
If you are interested in taking part in this initiative, please submit the following:
- Application Form
- Research proposal
- Motivation letter
- Writing sample in English (an article, book chapter, report, essay or any piece of academic writing)
- Document of proficiency in English if available questions regarding the initiative, requirements and arrangements, can be put forward to Ms Chen Tingting on the email address provided above.
For more information click "LINK TO ORIGINAL" below.