Call for Applications
Leibniz ScienceCampus Eastern Europe – Global Area (EEGA)
The Leibniz ScienceCampus EEGA issues Calls for Applications for Fellowships, PostDoc- and Postgraduate-Grants, Workshops and Training Courses for different audiences on a regular basis. The EEGA supports researchers from within and outside the science region Leipzig-Halle-Jena. It encourages applications and proposals from junior and senior scholars.
Please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org with subject »Inclusion in EEGA mailing-list« if you would like to receive our regular mailings.
Current open calls for applications:
Postdoc Grants (Deadline for submissions: 1 March 2019)
The Leibniz-ScienceCampus aims at pooling and using expertise, knowledge and resources from a wide range of social sciences, geography, cultural, historical and regional studies. It has a particular focus on supporting junior researchers both from within and outside Eastern Europe in their respective career development. Distinct programmes and training workshops aim at bringing together young researchers from different regions studying Eastern Europe and support professional development for PostDocs within and outside academia.
As a platform, the EEGA also promotes knowledge transfer between science and the public. Events for specific audiences, particularly multipliers such as journalists or consultants, ensure this mutually benefitial collaboration.
The focus is on Eastern Europe’s diverse, tension-filled, and sometimes paradoxical globalisation projects “from within” and “from the outside”, and thus, on the self-positioning of Eastern European societies under the global condition.
To achieve its main aims, the EEGA concentrates on four main areas of activity:
- Postdoc Support
- Communication with the Public and Multiplicators
- Formation of the Scientific Field
- Teaching and Young Talents
Calls for Application
current and former EEGA Fellows
Short-term Stays for Guest Scholars in Leipzig, Halle and Jena
• Funding period: min. 4 days to max. 4 weeks • short-term fellowship: rates are related to the duration of the stay and calculated to the day
• Eligible are scholars at the Postdoc-level from the region, but also senior researchers from other countries who are active in the fields of Eastern European Studies, European Studies, Global and Area Studies, and the disciplines involved in the EEGA referring to Eastern Europe’s changing role in current and historical processes of globalisation.
• We welcome proposals for short stays for
a) guest lectures or other teaching formats in the MA- and PhD-programmes affiliated with the EEGA,
b) workshops and networking meetings with junior and senior scholars in the EEGA, and
c) collaboration in joint publication projects.
For more information click "LINK TO ORIGINAL" below.
This opportunity has expired. It was originally published here: