„OPEN UP FOR DIALOGUE“
Active Youth Educational Program
Call for participants
February - October 2019
BRIEF DESCRIPTION:Open up for dialogue is not an easy way in our current world. Do you feel that something has to be done in your community, but you miss the right inspiration of how to do it? Are you courageous and motivated for new approaches? Bring all your visions and join us for intensive Active youth educational program.
Experience joy of learning, feel and share all the stories behind. Entire program “Open up for dialogue” consists of two training seminars, tour and granting program for young leaders, activists and church leaders.
Main goal is to address social topics such as migration, minorities, housing, prevention of radicalization, tolerance, inter-cultural understanding, interreligious dialogue and anti-discrimination. The training program will build capacities of participants and inspire them to create new initiatives and activities that can be used when working with youth in their communities.
During the exchange tour we will visit different organizations and initiatives focusing on work with refugees, migration, minorities, religious diversity and deradicalization. Gained knowledge and skills could be reinforced by granting program in which participants can initiate their own plans and activities within their communities. A documentary movie will track experiences of participants during the whole program to save stories of the real plight of refugees, inter-faith cooperation, and how to work for tolerance and finding hope for a new future in Europe.
DATES AND LOCATIONS:
- February 2019 - 3 days training seminar in Slovak or Czech Republic
- March/April 2019 - 7 days tour in Western Europe
- April till September 2019 - Granting program
- October 2019 - 3 days training seminar (specific country will be decided)
Working language of the whole program is English.
CRITERIA OF PARTICIPANTS:
- Young leaders, church leaders, activists and active members of European youth organizations coming from Bulgaria, Czech Republic, Hungary, Poland, Romania and Slovakia with strong connections to local communities and associations
- Ready and committed to share experiences and cultivate local and national media connections to disseminate content, to volunteer during the trip and to reach out to other minorities in their communities, share the new knowledge with the members of his/her organization/communities, having interest in implementing a cross-border project
- Prior experiences and active involvement in community and civil society needed
- Willing to act as multiplier. Age 18-30. English proficiency is obligatory
- Motivated to take an active part in all the stages of the Active youth educational program “Open up for dialogue” and commit to attend the entire duration of the course by signing binding statement
- Board and accommodation for these actions will be covered by the hosting organization.
- Travel costs will be reimbursed for the cheapest and direct way of transport from capital of country of origin to the meeting place.
- Obligatory participation fee is 80 €, which will be returned after successful completion of the program. If the participation fee is the only obstacle in applying for the program, please contact us.
APPLICATION: Please, fill in the application and send till 6th January 2019.
ABOUT US: PDCS is a non-governmental organization providing professional training and facilitation services, consultancy and advisory services in areas of conflict resolution, support of dialogue in the society, citizen participation and civil society development in Slovakia and abroad.
Tel.: +421 (0) 944 209 505
For more information click "LINK TO ORIGINAL" below.