APPLY FOR A STUDENTSHIP
The LAHP DTP Open Studentship Competition 2019/20 is now OPEN for applications for studentships commencing in October 2019. Results of the competition will be confirmed in early April. Please read carefully the guidelines on how to apply below.
The London Arts and Humanities Partnership has up to 90 cross-institutional studentships per year available for postgraduate research students studying arts and humanities disciplines at King’s College London, London School of Economics and Political Science, Queen Mary University London, Royal Central School of Speech and Drama, Royal College of Art, Royal College of Music, School of Advanced Study or University College London Your research topic must be within the subject areas covered by the AHRC.
Subject to availability, these awards will cover:
- Tuition fees for a maximum of three years at the Home/EU rate
- Annual maintenance grant or allowance (stipend), £16,777 for 2018/19
- Access to Research Training Support funding to support training & development activities
- LAHP has a limited number of full awards (fees and stipend) for EU students designated `fees-only’ by the AHRC
Studentship Competition Timeline
- 26th November 2018 – Applications open via the LAHP website
- 18th January 2019 Date by which applicants MUST have submitted an application for PhD study at LAHP partner institutions (please note application deadlines for individual institution might be different. Please check directly with your own institution.)
- 28th January 2019 at 23.59 – Applications deadline. Applications received after this deadline will not be considered.
- 4th February 2019 at 09.00 – Deadline for Supervisor Statement of Support. Applicants will be responsible for ensuring the reference is received by the deadline.
- Mid-March 2019 – Students must be in receipt of an offer on their chosen PhD programme
- April 2019 – Offers to successful candidates
- Within two weeks of the offer of award – students to accept/decline the offer
- 1st October 2019 – Studentships to begin
To be eligible for LAHP studentship in the forthcoming recruitment round you must either:
- have submitted an application to commence a programme of postgraduate study in the 2019/20 academic year, which starts in September/October 2019, or
- if you have already commenced doctoral study, you may apply for funding for the remainder of your study, providing that, at the start of the AHRC award (1st October 2019), you will have at least 50% of the period of study remaining (excluding the writing-up period).
Funding is available for both full-time and part-time students. Awards cannot be deferred and selected candidates will be assumed to be starting their studies in September/October 2019 unless there are exceptional circumstances.
LAHP studentships are open to UK and EU students who meet the residency requirements as detailed on page 13-14 of the UKRI Conditions of Research Council Training Grants. Please contact the Admissions Office of the institution where you are applying for a PhD place to get your fee status assessed as LAHP is not able to advise on this.
Please note: LAHP has a limited number of full awards (fees and stipend) for EU students designated `fees-only’ by the AHRC.
Applications cannot be accepted from students liable to pay fees at the Overseas rate.
- Academic qualifications and experience
Candidates should hold a first-class or a good upper-second class Honours degree or equivalent, and would normally be expected to hold a Masters degree.
This opportunity has expired. It was originally published here: