The collaboratory for Design and Creative Technologies at the Auckland University of Technology (AUT) invites participants to apply
The aim is to encourage researchers, students and stakeholders to imagine, construct, articulate and navigate rapidly changing social, economic, technological and career environments.
To support innovative interdisciplinary research that reflects Colab’s future focused aspirations in such areas as gaming, entrepreneurship, smart materials, wearable tech, making and digital civics Colab will offer fees scholarships for the doctoral programme and domestic equivalent fees Scholarships for the MPhil ptogramme.
- The scholarships is open to domestic and international applicants.
- Applicants must meet the entry requirements for the PhD or MPhil programme at AUT.
- The scholarships are available on merit to New Zealand citizens, permanent residents and international students.
- Preference will be given to proposals in areas of interdisciplinary engagement pertinent to Colab’s aims and research focus.
How do students apply?
The applicant must submit the application by the closing date and upload:
• Copies of transcripts for any study completed at an institution other than AUT
• A copy of the Research Proposal (PGR1 or PGR2) that will be submitted as a component of the application for admission.
The applications will be reviewed and awarded by the Colab Postgraduate and Research Management team.
Preference will be given to applicants who are able to commit full time to their research as they are more likely to make a higher contribution to Colab’s research culture.
No scholarships will be awarded if the Management team considers the applications not to be of sufficient merit.
How and when do students learn of the decision?
Scholarships will be awarded as soon as possible after the closing date.
What conditions are attached to the acceptance of this award?
The recipient must accept the Offer of Place before the scholarships is taken up.
The recipient may not hold other fees scholarships with this award.
Recipients must submit all six monthly reporting for the doctoral programme at AUT during the tenure of the award and move from provisional to full registration within the time frame outlined in the Postgraduate Handbook.
• Preference will be given to applicants who are able to commit full time to their research as they are more likely to make a higher contribution to Colab’s research culture.
• Recipients must submit all six monthly reporting for the research degree programme at AUT during the tenure of the award and for the PhD move from provisional to full registration within the time frame outlined in the Postgraduate Handbook.
Who else has information about this award?
AUT Scholarships Office.
Minimum entry requirements
Must normally have completed the following in a discipline appropriate to the proposed research:
- Master’s degree with honours OR
- Bachelor’s degree with honours (equivalent to 4 years of study)
The degree must normally have been gained at the standard of first class or second class (first division) honours from this University or a recognised equivalent.
The degree should include advanced learning in research, execution of a research project and a written report on the research.
English language requirements
Engineering, Computer and Mathematical Sciences
- IELTS (Academic) 6.5 overall with 6.5 in Writing and no band less than 6.0
All other study areas
- IELTS (Academic) 6.5 overall with 7.0 in Writing and no band less than 6.0
Acceptance is subject to the availability of staff for supervision, prior research preparation and appropriate facilities.
For more information click below.