40 Master Degree Scholarships at The University of Messina
The University of Messina (UniME) offers n. 40 scholarships for international students enrolling to a UniME two-year long Master degree course (Laurea Magistrale) in the a.y. 2018/2019. In accordance with provisions of art. 7 of the Call, selected candidates will benefit from a 100€ monthly grant, free accommodation in one of the UniME student Halls of Residence and exemption from the payment of tuition fees for the academic duration of the degree course. For the purposes of the Call, international students are those students holding a degree awarded by a foreign University (not Italian) whilst with the term “enrollment” it is considered the registration to the first year of a Master degree course (Laurea Magistrale). Registration to the second year of a Master degree course (Laurea Magistrale), transfer from another UniME degree course or from another University are not considered as enrollment. Candidates must deal with pre-enrollment procedures at the Italian Diplomatic/Consular Authority in the country where the degree has been awarded for the issue of the visa.
In order to apply for the scholarship, candidates must hold:
- A Bachelor degree awarded by a foreign University recognized as being appropriate to enroll to a Master degree course (Laurea Magistrale).
- In case of enrollment to a Master degree course taught in Italian a certificate of Italian language (B2 level) issued by the C.L.I.Q. (Certificazione Lingua Italiania di Qualità) system or
- In case of enrollment to a Master degree course taught in English (Master degree taught in English are only: International Management and Engineering and Computer Science) one of the following certificate of English language: TOEFL iBT internet based (Test of English as a Foreign Language): 87 -109; ESOL (English for Speakers of Other Languages - Pitman): B2 IESOL Communicator; IELTS (International English Language Testing System - University of Cambridge): 5.5 - 6.5; ISE (Integrated Skill in English - Trinity College London): B2 ISE II; LCCIEB (London Chamber of Commerce & Industry Examinations Board): Level 5; FCE (First Certificate in English - University of Cambridge). Candidates from Countries whose official language is English, do not need to hold a certificate of English language.
In case of no certification, candidate’s language knowledge will be evaluated by a Commission in a conference-call examination.
Procedures and terms of application
Candidates must apply on-line. Application deadline is the 16th of March 2018 at 12:00 am (Italian time). Candidates are allowed to submit only one application. In the application, candidates must indicate the Master degree course (Laurea Magistrale) to which he/she wants to enroll and uphold the following documents (either in English or Italian):
- Curriculum vitae
- Language certificate
- Reference letter provided by the University/Higher Education Institution (HEI) where the candidate gained the Degree/latest qualification or provided by the Employer.
- Official transcript of records of previous studies in English or translated into Italian by a competent Italian authority (Embassy/Consular if abroad);
- Photocopy of a valid passport.
After the first on-line access, it is possible to save the application and modify/integrate it in further sessions. Application will be processed only after submission (press “submit”). Once the application is submitted it cannot be modified. Application will be processed only if duly filled in.
Applications will be assessed by a Commission appointed by the Rector. The Commission shall evaluate applications on the basis of the following criteria:
- Candidate’s previous studies (transcript of records) considering the entry requirements of the selected UniME Master degree course (Laurea Magistrale) (up to 60 points)
- Curriculum vitae with learning and working experience (up to 30 points)
- Reference letter provided by the University/Higher Education Institution (HEI) where the candidate gained the Degree/latest qualification or provided by the Employer (up to 20 points).
Partner Universities cooperating with UniME may select international students for the participation to the present Call.
List of selected candidates
The Commission will approve a list of selected candidates (listed form the highest mark to the lowest mark). Only candidates with a minimum mark of 60 points are considered eligible. In case of the same mark, younger candidates will prevail. The list of selected candidates will be published on the International Relations web-page on the 21st of May 2018. The publication of the list will have legal effect in accordance with the Italian legislation.
Conditions of scholarship awarding and enrollment
By the 25th of May 2018 at 12:00 (Italian time) selected candidates must confirm to accept the scholarship by logging in to the platform. Selected candidates only after the confirmation of the acceptance of the scholarship will be provided by e-mail a document certifying their status of scholarship beneficiaries and the possibility to enroll at UNIME (eventually with the indication of further learning activities to be attended or the admission to the entry test, if the selected Master degree course has programmed access at national/local level). Beneficiaries undertake to promptly communicate to UniME any change to their personal position that may occur. Upon arrival in Messina, beneficiaries must immediately go to the International Cooperation Unit (ICU) (located in Via Consolato del Mare, 41 – 2 nd floor) to start the enrollment procedure or conditioned enrollment – “immatricolazione con riserva” - whether the selected Master degree course has programmed access at national/local level and for the assignment of the accommodation. The status of scholarship beneficiary does not automatically lead to the enrollment to the selected Master degree. The scholarship will be assigned only to enrolled scholarship beneficiary. In case a scholarship beneficiary does not enroll for any reason to the chosen Master degree course the scholarship will be considered void and cancelled. In order to enroll, selected candidates must comply with UniME rules and regulations and abide by deadlines available on-line.. In case of renounce or impossibility to enroll, the selected candidate will be replaced by the first available candidate in the selection list until all scholarships will be assigned.
The University Administration will treat applicants’ personal data solely for the fulfillment of abovementioned procedures, in accordance with Legislative Decree n. 196 of 30 June 2003 and further modifications. Personal data must be provided in order to assess compliance with the requirements. Non compliance with such provision will result in the exclusion from the competition.
For more information click "LINK TO ORIGINAL" below.
This opportunity has expired. It was originally published here: