Vingroup Science and Technology Scholarship Program
The “Science and Technology Scholarship Program for Overseas Study for Master’s and Doctoral Degrees” (the Program) is a component of the “Science and Technology Resources Development Project for Vietnam” by Vingroup with a mission to find talents and develop them further and provide them with rewarding opportunities so that they have the ability to lead and advance the development of science and technology in Vietnam in the future.
From 2019 to 2030, Vingroup will offer 1,100 fully funded scholarships for master’s and doctoral study programs (up to 100 full scholarships per annum) for Vietnamese talents to study key areas at excellent universities in countries with leading science and technology, such as the United States of America, Russia, France, Australia, Israel, Japan, South Korea and Singapore.
1. Being a Vietnamese who is living, studying and working in Vietnam or overseas, who has patriotism, talents, resilience and commitment to contributing to the development of science and technology of Vietnam and to the country’s common causes.
2. Age: Not over 30 years of age at the start date of the intended Master’s degree program and not over 35 for a Doctoral degree.
3. Education background: Having an education background that matches or is related to the intended fields of study. College graduate with at least a Bachelor’s degree or college juniors (3rd or 4th year) or seniors (final year students), who will graduate with such a degree by their departure to attend the master’s or doctoral degree programs overseas.
4. Grade Point Average (GPA) of the undergraduate degree in the relevant programs must be at least 7/10.
5. English Language Proficiency: Candidates can provide evidence of English language proficiency through the submission of one of the following proofs:
5.1 TOEFL. Candidates must have TOEFL iBT score of at least 60 (TOEFL CPB 170 and TOEFL PBT 497 are accepted). The TOEFL certificate must still be valid at the scholarship application deadline.
5.2 IELTS. Candidates must have IELTS score of 6.0 (internal IELTS test results are accepted). The IELTS certificate must still be valid at the scholarship application deadline.
5.3 Degree from an English-speaking country. If applicants are studying or have completed an undergraduate degree or a graduate degree from one of these English-speaking countries: the United States, Canada, Australia, New Zealand, or the United Kingdom (Britain, Ireland, Scotland or Wales), then the applicants do not need to submit an IELTS or TOEFL certificate.
6. Graduate Record Examination (GRE): Not required at the time of application. However, please be advised that graduate programs in science and technology in the United States all require the results of the GRE General Test. Therefore, applicants to the Science & Technology Scholarship Program need to take the test the earlier the better if they wish to apply to graduate programs in the United States.
For more information click "LINK TO ORIGINAL" below.