60 study grants for the Master's programmes
For the academic year 2017/2018, the Foundation for the Lugano Faculties of the Università della Svizzera italiana will award a total of 60 one‐off study grants of the amount of CHF 4’000 each.
The merit‐based grants are given to the students admitted to the first year of a USI Master programme starting in September 2017. Merit is determined by the results of the academic degree that gives access to the Master program (usually the Bachelor’s). The grants will be assigned as follows:
- 20 grants to students that pursued a Bachelor’s degree at a Swiss university;
- 20 grants to students that pursued a Bachelor’s degree at an Italian university;
- 20 grants to students that pursued a Bachelor’s degree at a university from other countries.
Conditions for participation
- Applicants must have obtained the Bachelor’s degree (passed all the exams and defended the thesis) by July 31st, 2017 with a cumulative grade point average of at least 80/100.
- Applicants must have been admitted to the first year of a USI Master programme beginning in September 2017. Applications from students enrolled in a USI Master before September 1st, 2017 will not be considered.
- Applications must be sent by e‐mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The deadline for the submission of the applications is July 31st, 2017.
- Incomplete or late applications will not be taken into consideration.
- All applicants will be informed of the outcome of their requests by August 18th, 2017.
Conditions for the payment of the grant
The study grant is awarded in the form of a reduction of the tuition fee and cannot be exchanged for cash. If the beneficiary decides not to register at USI or withdraws after the first semester, he/she may not, under any circumstances, ask for a deposit of CHF 4’000.
For the student recipient of the grant who pays the semester tuition fee of CHF 2’000:
- the fall semester fee is covered by the grant;
- the student is, however, required to pay the deposit of CHF 1’000 within the deadline indicated in the admission letter to confirm the enrollment. This amount will be refunded by the end of the fall semester;
- the spring semester fee is automatically covered by the grant.
For the student recipient of the grant who pays the semester tuition fee of CHF 4’000:
- the student has to pay the fall semester fee; ‐ students coming from EU/EFTA countries are required to pay a deposit of CHF 1’000 within the deadline indicated in the admission letter to confirm the enrollment and the balance of CHF 3’000 by the time of formal registration; ‐ students coming from the Extra‐EU/EFTA countries have to make a payment of CHF 4’000 within the deadline indicated in the admission letter to confirm the enrollment;
- the spring semester fee is automatically covered by the grant. The grant cannot be renewed. The grant cannot be cumulated with other scholarships provided by USI
For more information please click "Further Official Information" below.
This opportunity has expired. It was originally published here: