Kamran Djam Scholarships
Thanks to the generosity of the Fereydoun Djam Charitable Trust there are a number of Kamran Djam scholarships available for UK/EU and Overseas fee-paying SOAS students, normally providing a contribution towards fees. The MPhil/PhD scholarship is paid for 3 years. The MA Iranian Studies is paid for one year (or two years if part-time). The MA Iranian Studies and Intensive Persian for two years (or four years if part-time). The Undergraduate scholarship is paid for one year.
- SOAS undergraduates entering their final year in 2021/22, studying BA Persian.
- SOAS undergraduates entering their final year in 2021/22, studying BA Persian and another subject.
- Full-time or part-time MA Iranian Studies starting in 2021/22.
- Full-time or part-time MA Iranian Studies and Intensive Persian starting in 2021/22.
- Full-time MPhil/PhD (new admissions only, starting in September 2021) in the following subject areas: Persian Language, Persian Literature, Iranian History starting in 2021/22.
- The scholarship is open to UK/EU and overseas fee-paying full time students.
- Applicants for the BA scholarships must expect to be awarded a First Class Honours Degree. Applicants who expect an upper second class degree may also apply, but will not be given preference.
- Applicants for the MA Scholarships must possess or expect to be awarded a First Class Honours Degree or equivalent. Applicants with a non UK masters degree must be in the top rank as evidenced by references and transcripts. Applicants with a 2.1 may also apply but will not be given preference.
- Applicants for the MPhil/PhD scholarships must possess or expect to be awarded a masters degree with a mark of Distinction from a UK university. Applicants with a non UK masters degree must be in the top rank as evidenced by references and transcripts. Applicants with a mark of merit may also apply but will not be given preference.
- Applicants for the MPhil/PhD scholarships must have demonstrated in the research proposal of their application for admission that their research is in one of the following subject areas: Persian Language, Persian Literature, Iranian History
- In order to be considered for the MPhil/PhD & MA scholarships, applicants must have an offer of admission to a Research programme or to the MA Iranian Studies/ MA Iranian Studies and Intensive Persian at SOAS by the scholarship application deadline - 2 April 2021
- Applicants must meet the English language condition of their offer of admission to study at SOAS as soon as possible but no later than 1 June 2021. If your offer is conditional on English, please arrange your English test and ensure you meet the English requirements as soon as possible.
- Please note that most scholarships do not cover funding or even allow for Pre-sessionals. Please check the wording of your scholarship offer carefully to see if you are eligible for a Pre-sessional course or whether you need to achieve SOAS direct entry scores by the deadline specified in your scholarship terms and conditions.
- Candidates will be assessed on academic merit by a Selection Panel consisting of three academic members.
- The assessment will be based on the information in your application. Selectors will be looking at degree results, academic references, statement of intent and full research proposal (for MPhil/PhD applicants), and other relevant information.
Notification of Results
Successful candidates will be notified by the end of July. If you have not heard from us by the end of July, you should assume that your application was unsuccessful.
For more information click "LINK TO ORIGINAL" below.
This opportunity has expired. It was originally published here: