John Loiello AFSOAS FISH Scholarship
The John Loiello AFSOAS FISH Scholarship was set up by the American Friends of SOAS The scholarship is named after John Loiello, a founding board members and benefactor of AFSOAS who sadly passed away in 2013. The purpose of the scholarship is to give an American student the life changing opportunity to study a full-time, one-year taught Master's programme at SOAS in London.
The total value of the scholarship will be USD $30,000 Tuition fees will be deducted from this amount and any remainder may be used towards maintenance.
- Any full-time, one-year taught Master's programme at SOAS
- Two year programmes are not eligible
- Part-time programmes are not eligible
- Applicants must have an unconditional or conditional offer to study for a full-time, one-year taught Master's programme at SOAS in the academic year 2020-21 by the scholarship deadline of 20 February 2020.
- Applicants who are studying on a Master’s programme or have been awarded a Master’s degree are not eligible to apply.
- Applicants must clearly demonstrate financial need. Priority will be given to those with the lowest adjusted gross income (AGI) from 2018-19. Please ensure the information on your scholarship application regarding your AGI is correct as we will use this information to prioritise candidates. Important: applicants must submit their Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) by 15 March 2020 and indicate SOAS as a School.
- Applicants who are the first in their family to go to university or who come from a challenging financial background are encouraged to apply for the scholarship.
- Applicants must have graduated from a US high school and have obtained their undergraduate degree at a US College or University.
- Applicants must be a U.S. citizen or permanent resident.
- Applicants must have an unweighted GPA of at least 3.50 in their undergraduate degree. Those with higher unweighted GPA may be given preference.
- Applicants must provide clear intentions of how they would plan to give back to SOAS as a student and as an alumni
For more information click "LINK TO ORIGINAL" below.