CSJR Postgraduate Student Bursary
The Centre for the Study of Japanese Religions offers a CSJR Postgraduate Student Bursary in Japanese Religions to be held at SOAS, University of London.
The total value of the scholarship is £5,000 for one year only for full-time programmes, providing a contribution towards fees. If the successful candidate receives a grant to cover fees from another funding body, the bursary can be used towards maintenance.
Applications are invited from outstanding students of Japanese religions, regardless of nationality.
- full-time Research Degree: Religions and Philosophies in Japanese Religions (Department of Religions & Philosophies, School of History, Religions & Philosophies)
- full-time MA Religions of Asia and Africa or MA Buddhist Studies focusing on Japanese Religions/ Japanese Buddhism
- full-time MA Religions of Asia and Africa and Intensive Language (Japanese) focusing on Japanese Religions/ Japanese Buddhism
- New admissions only (programmes starting in September 2020).
- Applicants must possess an outstanding academic record
- Taught Masters (MA) applicants must focus on Japanese Religions / Japanese Buddhism. Evidence of this should be included in the statement of their application and reflected in their choice of modules.
- Taught Masters (MA) and Research Degree (MPhil/PhD) applicants should give evidence in the statement of their application of their ability to use sources in Japanese.
- Open to UK/EU and Overseas candidates.
- Applicants must have an offer of admission for one of the eligible programmes at SOAS by the scholarship application deadline.
- Applicants must meet the English language condition of their offer of admission to study at SOAS as soon as possible but no later than 1 June 2020.
Please note that most scholarships do not cover funding or even allow for Pre-sessionals. Please check the wording of your scholarship offer carefully to see if you are eligible for a Pre-sessional course or whether you need to achieve SOAS direct entry scores by the deadline specified in your scholarship terms and conditions.
For more information click "LINK TO ORIGINAL" below.