Graduate Research Scholarships for International PhD Students
- Graduate Research Scholarships are granted to eligible students and provide a full package of benefits, which includes full tuition waiver, monthly stipend, housing or housing allowance, health insurance and research support.
- The housing benefit is provided to international students if their visa is sponsored by UAEU.
- Health insurance is provided to international students if their visa is sponsored by UAEU.
- Research support funds are provided to the faculty for supporting the student's research.
- Award recipients who take official leave of absence from their study will have their stipend payments and any applicable housing allowance suspended for the duration of the leave period, and the period of their Scholarship award will be extended accordingly.
Summary of benefits:
- Tuition Waiver: Yes
- Stipend: AED 10,000/month
- Housing Allowance: AED 1,500/month
- Health Insurance: Yes (student only)
- Research Support: Yes.
Student Eligibility Requirements
The program is designed to recruit and support PhD students. Applicants for Graduate Research Scholarships must meet the following criteria:
- Student must enroll full-time in a minimum of 9 graduate credits per semester.
- Student must not be financially sponsored by any other organization or hold any active employment.
- Student must have a GPA of 3.5 or higher in the Master's degree.
- Student must have and maintain a GPA of 3.5 or higher at the PhD level.
The following additional factors apply to the selection criteria:
- The ranking and research classification of the institution from which the applicant received his/her Master's degree.
- Applicant's prior research experience and its relevance to UAEU research.
- Applicant's publication record.
Duration of Awards
- Scholarships are awarded for a maximum period of 4 years at the PhD level.
- A faculty member may request only one semester extension for a Scholarship with documented justification. The request must be made during the first month of the student's last semester of the award term.
- A Scholarship award is valid for its duration provided the student
- Continues to meet the eligibility criteria every semester and
- Receives very good performance appraisal from his/her research supervisor based on an evaluation that the supervisor completes of the student's research work and submits it to the College of Graduate Studies at the end of each semester.
- If the recipient of an award becomes ineligible by failing to meet any of the aforementioned requirements, he/she will forfeit the award automatically and will be notified by the College of Graduate Studies accordingly.
Duties and Expectations
- Each Scholarship recipient must devote a minimum of 20 hours per week throughout the year to work as a research assistant with his/her faculty supervisor.
- Each Scholarship recipient is required to publish two research papers in refereed, indexed journals in the student's discipline area of research.
- Scholarship recipients are not permitted to engage in any other work assignment or duties at UAEU or elsewhere during the term of their award.
- All Scholarship recipients are expected to participate in activities that empower their research training at the college and university levels, when possible and in coordination with their supervisors. Furthermore, students are expected to present and publish their research outcomes under the guidance of their supervisors.
For more information please click "Further Official Information" below.