Tourism Destination Management and Product Development: How do we present Armenia to the world, feel proud, and make money?
31 May - 19 July, 2017, AUA, Yerevan, Armenia
The course is designed to provide an introduction to the main attributes and key issues involved in developing and managing tourist destinations. Observing tourist satisfaction, service provision, customer care, impact of tourism on the destination, tourism policies, marketing and planning. Residents’ behaviour, current and potential investments will be assessed. Case studies will be presented from different countries and Armenia.
The training is designed to take 30 hours; it includes, destination case discussions and analysing potential products. The course will focus on practical destination management cases in Armenia and abroad. The language of instruction is English.
Prerequisites: At the end of the course, participants will be able to develop destination management plans with specific products and services as a tour package.
Target Audience: The course is intended to benefit entrepreneurs providing tourism related services, as well as those who are currently employed by tour companies. Course will be beneficial for start-up service providers as well.
Start Date: May 31, 2017
End Date: July 19, 2017
Schedule: Wednesdays 6:30 PM– 8:30 PM and Saturdays 10:30 AM – 12:30 PM
Duration: 30 hours
Course Fee: 55 000 AMD (VAT included) for the entire course
About the Instructor: Armine Melik-Israyelyan is an experienced professional with 15+ years of working experience in the area of tourism field in international organisations fostering at developing projects on both public and private sector perspective. Her background is based on marketing and promotion of Armenian Tourism internationally, product development. She has worked at USAID tourism development projects since 1998. Throughout her career at USAID she developed and managed border point visitor surveys in 2007 and 2013, Armenian Tourism Market Research team, numerous destination management projects in cooperation with other donor organisation and public sector partners. Armine is currently working at IDeA Foundation as the Head of Tourism Program. Her current work is focused on the destination management and product development in Tatev and Dilijan Communities and those projects will be the main case studies during the course.
Enrollment: To enroll in AUA Extension courses, please go through the following steps (see below for the Armenian version):
- Visit im.aua.am.
- Create an account by clicking New User Registration.
- If you are not a new user and already have an AUA account (having previously taken the AUA e-Math Test or applied to AUA), you should log into the account that you had created at that time.
- If you just registered as a new user, you will get an email asking to activate your account.
- Now, for registering to take a course, choose the Extension tab, then Extension Applications, and apply for the course(s) you choose.
- After you register online, your application will be reviewed and you will receive an email acknowledging your application.
- Closer to the course start date, you will receive another email confirming your enrollment, requesting that you make payment before the course start date. The fee can be paid online via credit card or through the EasyPay terminal (located at the entrance to AUA). Alternatively, you may pay the fee via bank transfer to American University of Armenia Fund, account 001-006402-001, HSBC Bank Armenia, indicating your full name (as in the registration) and the course you are paying for.
- The completed application together with the record of payment completes your enrollment.