Global Citizen is a community of people like you. People who want to learn about and take action on the world’s biggest challenges—and use their power to get other people involved too. We bring you stories and actions that make a difference. That help fight extreme poverty and inequality around the world, and support approaches that will make life more sustainable for people and the planet. Alex Waislitz is the founder of the Waislitz Family Foundation with the stated aim of donating $50 million to a range of selected charitable projects. The Waislitz Global Citizen Award is for individuals or individual representatives of organizations.
The Waislitz Global Citizen Award, presented by the Waislitz Foundation and Global Citizen, annually awards three cash prizes totalling $100,000 to recognize individual excellence in work to end extreme poverty.
- First place winner - $50,000,
- Second place winner - $35,000,
- Third place winner - $15,000.
Applicants are evaluated based on individual merit in four key areas:
- GLOBAL CITIZENSHIP: How do you embody and exemplify the values and practices of a Global Citizen?
- IMPACT: What is your track record of reducing extreme poverty?
- INNOVATION: How have you brought new thinking to overcoming the challenge of ending extreme poverty?
- POTENTIAL: How would this award enable you to to scale or improve your work?
Each award winner will receive:
- The opportunity to participate in the Global Citizen Thursday Night with the world’s leaders in business, media, technology and culture.
- Two tickets to the 2016 Global Citizen Festival on September 24, 2016.
- A video feature created by Global Citizen to be presented during the Global Citizen Festival.
- Airfare and accommodations in New York for themselves and one (1) guest.
Applicants must meet the following criteria to be eligible for the Waislitz Global Citizen Award:
- Applicants must be 18 years of age or older at the time of entry.
- Applications must be submitted in English.
- Applicants can be citizens of any nationality.
- Applicants must hold a valid passport and are responsible for any requisite visas required to travel to New York City, for the period 21-25 September 2016.
- Applicants must commit to:
- attending the 2016 Global Citizen Festival on 24 September 2016 in New York.
- agree to provide regular written updates to Global Citizen on their use of the prize.
Note: Global Poverty Project employees, and members of the immediate family of Global Poverty Project employees, are ineligible for the Award. The term “immediate family” includes spouses, siblings, parents, children, grandparents, and grandchildren, whether as “in-laws,” or by current or past marriage(s), remarriage(s), adoption, co-habitation or other family extension, and any other persons residing at the same household whether or not related.
Global Citizens around the world will vote on the top 10 finalists on the Global Citizen site to choose the three award winners. You will be notified of your application status by August 7, 2016. Winners are ranked by an expert panel of judges, including Global Citizen CEO Hugh Evans and Alex Waislitz from the Waislitz Foundation.
For more information click "Further official information" below.
This opportunity has expired. It was originally published here: