Change can represent a broad spectrum of phenomena. We can observe change through positive and negative impacts it has on individuals, communities and societies. Social theories, political ideologies, social movements, etc. have all dealt with encouraging, slowing down, and preventing the process of change.
This kind of set of phenomena has to be studied interdisciplinary, alongside sociologists, we expect students and researchers of, as well as experts in other disciplines, such as philosophy, political science, history, anthropology, economics, ecology, geography, journalism and others.
Besides presentations, we have discussions and round tables in store, in co-operation with teachers and civil society associations.
Topic extent (with the possible additions):
- cultural determinism
- culture clash
- system theory
- tradition and retraditionalization
- the death of multiculturalism
- the beginning and end of civilizations
- social movements
- art as a source and the reflection of change
- integration of cultural minorities
RELIGION AND THE WORLD
- religion as a development factor
- sacred and secular
- social functions of religion
- religious fundamentalism and terrorism
- sustainable development – possibility or a myth?
- technology and technics
- constant growth as an ideology
- job market and ideology of work
- basic income
- risk society
- geographical influence on economic system
- sociology of tourism
- Sociologists, students and researchers;
- Experts in other disciplines, such as philosophy, political science, history, anthropology, economics, ecology, geography, journalism and others;
- Croatian is the official language of the symposium, with the option of presenting in English.
- There is no participation fee;
- Accommodation (including breakfasts) will be provided for all the presenters;
- The presenters have to cover the cost of their travel expenses.
For more information click "Further official information" below.