ARTS AND HUMANITIES: SWANSEA UNIVERSITY RESEARCH EXCELLENCE SCHOLARSHIPS 2020
Closing date: 8 January 2020
Swansea University Research Excellence Scholarships (SURES)
Swansea University is pleased to offer, as part of its centenary celebrations, its third cohort of fully funded Research Excellence Scholarships for full time doctoral study, commencing in October 2020.
Six academic Colleges and Schools are participating in the scheme through thirty research projects.
Up to fourteen scholarships are available. Each includes tuition fees at the home/EU rate, a stipend, reviewed annually, at the UKRI standard rate, and an annual training allowance to support immersive training experiences such as engagement with industry, international collaborative opportunities and cohort building. Each scholarship is offered for a maximum period of three years, with submission of the thesis expected within that timescale.
The award of a Swansea University Research Excellence Scholarship is conditional upon applicants holding or achieving a first class honours degree and/or a distinction at Masters’ level.
SURES2001A: PhD in Media and/or Politics
Contact: Media- Dr Joanna Rydzewska (J.Rydzewska@swansea.ac.uk / +44 (0)1729 602635) / Politics- Dr Dennis Schmidt (firstname.lastname@example.org / +44 (0)1729 606976)
SURES2002A: PhD in History and Classics
Contact: History- Dr Adam Mosley (email@example.com / +44 (0)1729 295637) / Classics, Ancient History and Egyptology- Dr Fritz-Gregor Herrmann (firstname.lastname@example.org / +44 (0)1729 295661)
SURES2003A: Transnational Identities: PhD in Welsh and/or Modern Languages, Translation and Interpreting
Contact: Dr Federico López-Terra (email@example.com / +44 (0)1792 295971)
SURES2004A: Exploring School and System Reform in Wales: PhD in Education
Contact: Dr Janet Goodall (firstname.lastname@example.org / + 44 (0)1792 602394)
SURES2005A: Understanding the Past and Knowledge for the Future: PhD in English Literature, Creative Writing and Applied Linguistics
Contact: English Literature- Dr Rachel Farebrother (email@example.com / +44 (0)1792 604830) / Creative Writing- Dr Alan Bilton (firstname.lastname@example.org / +44 (0)1792 604710) / Applied Linguistics- Professor Jim Milton (email@example.com / +44 (0)1792 604513)
Applications comprise five (5) discrete elements (please see details and notes below). The deadline for submission of completed applications is 12.00 (midday), Wednesday, 8 January 2020. Applicants should be aware, Colleges and Schools’ shortlisting panels are expected to sit between 28 January and 11 February 2020. Shortlisting panels may contact candidates within this period. Interview panels are expected to sit between 24 February and 6 March 2020.
This award is open to applicants who are eligible to pay tuition fees at the Home/EU rate as identified by UKCISA fee regulations, Wales.
If you are unsure as to your fee eligibility, please enquire before completing your application to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applicants must meet the entry requirements for Swansea University Research Excellence Scholarships by no later than 30/09/2020:
1. Have attained, or expect to attain, a first class honours degree and/or a distinction at master’s level.
If you are currently studying for a master’s level qualification with an award date after 01/10/2020 you should hold a minimum of an upper second class (2:1) honours degree. You should be able to demonstrate a pass with a minimum grade average of at least 70% for your part-one master’s degree modules and submit your dissertation by no later than 30/09/2020.
2. If applicable, English language competencies of IELTS 6.5 overall (with at least 6.5 in each individual component) or Swansea University recognised equivalent. We will also accept English in the this list of school leaving qualifications. You can check the comparability of your academic qualifications with our entry requirements by reviewing the appropriate document below:
- Information for European Academic Qualifications 2019
- Information for International Academic Qualifications 2019
A Swansea University Research Excellence Scholarship comprises three elements:
- Fees: Full-time tuition fees at the UK/EU rate;
- Stipend: A tax-free stipend, reviewed annually, at the UKRI standard rate, for the relevant academic year; and a
- Training allowance: Up to £1,000 per annum (to a maximum of £3,000) is available as a contribution towards costs relating to immersive training experiences, engagement with industry or international/national collaborative opportunities.
For more information click "LINK TO ORIGINAL" below.
This opportunity has expired. It was originally published here: