XIII Regional Summer School on Sustainable Energy and Low Emission Planning
The 13 th Regional Summer School (SS) will be organized by REIC in collaboration with „German Development Cooperation“ – GIZ Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit.
• Final year master students and PhD students wanting to pursue a professional career in the relevant field
• Young policy-makers and civil servants from governmental institutions, embassies and international organizations
• NGOs and development aid associations
• Mid-career professionals from energy companies
Intention is to have participants from Western Balkan countries (up to 14) and the rest from other countries (preferably the rest of South East Europe).
Objectives of the Summer School are:
- Development of roadmap for low emission development in Western Balkan countries
- Educational support to master and PhD students in the field of RES and EE
- Enhancement of interdisciplinary approach to sustainable energy issue and climate change mitigation
- Dissemination of best practice on energy conservation and renewable energy
- Capacity building of renewable energy promotion on the regional level as an elements of sustainable development in the region,
- Enhancement of dissemination of information on potentials of RES using a common platform
The 13th Summer School (2017) is thematically dedicated to low emission development on regional level, with special focus on energy efficiency and renewable sources. Students will be led though a way of thinking from global to local. In this sense students will be able to understand key global concepts in terms of low emission development and which tools on local level should be developed. Therefore the school will cover core elements for low emission development from different sectors:
- Energy generation
- Public buildings
Specific focus of the school is developing of a policy approach towards a sustainable energy turn in Western Balkan countries in the context of Paris Agreement on climate change mitigation. Both environmental and social aspects of energy planning will be considered with special focus on social benefits (job creation, energy security improvement and environmental benefits).
There is no participation fee. The organizer will provide full fellowship for all 20 participants. Full fellowship includes costs of full board accommodation and study visit. Only cost of transport have to be born by participants themselves. Targeted number of participants is 20.
For application, please send CV (in English) to email@example.com. You may attach additional supporting documents (e.g. Letter of motivation, obtained certificates/degrees etc.)
Deadline for application is 01st July 2017.
Official language of the school is English.
For more information please click "Further Official Information" below.
This opportunity has expired. It was originally published here: