Explore the types of behaviour that shape financial decisions
This is a course of three parts. The first module gives an insight into several key strands of finance from a theoretical and practical perspective. It does so from first principles so limited prior finance exposure would be required. It gives a solid platform for the second module in basic investments. These two modules together serve as an excellent launch pad for the final module in behavioural finance which brings finance and investment theory to life.
The final module has been designed to provide an overview of an exciting new and fast growing area in finance, which is based around the concept that investment decision–making and investor behaviour are not necessarily driven by “rational” considerations but instead by aspects of personal and market psychology. The Psychology of Finance will centre on the concept that our abilities to make complex financial decisions are limited due to the biases and errors of judgment to which all of us are prone. Accordingly, the course will introduce cognitive biases, discusses the impact of such biases on the financial decision-making process, and explores the behaviour of individual investors, fund managers and corporate managers.
Scholarship - Scottish Summer Endeavour
Scholarship application opens on 1st December
Scottish Summer Endeavour Scholarships are offered to students from all countries who can display evidence of outstanding academic merit.
The scholarships are competitive and awarded broadly on the basis of academic merit. A minimum of 3.3 GPA or equivalent is required and evidence of this must be provided along with your application.
In order to apply, you should be a full-time university/college student who can demonstrate that you meet the academic and language requirements of your preferred course.
1. Choose the course you are interested in.
2. Go to your preferred programme page and select ‘click here to apply now’, located towards the top right of your screen. This will enable you to request an application form and further guidance regarding the application process.
2. Fill out the application form and attach the documents required in order to support your application. This will include the following:
- one letter of recommendation provided by your academic referee (no longer than 500 words)
- (interim) degree transcripts
- Evidence of an internationally recognised English language qualification (if appropriate).
4. Send back the application form stating in your email that you would like to apply for the Scottish Summer Endeavour Scholarship.
5. Remember to enclose any other documents that will support your application.