1) Application should be submitted online in the prescribed format. This link is available in the websites of the three Academies
2) Its mandatory to upload the marks sheets from class X till the last examination. Please have the scanned versions of mark sheets (in JPEG format), before starting to fill up the application.
3) Only one application per candidate will be considered. If more than one application is submitted, none of the applications will be considered.
4) Answers to columns indicated by an asterisk (*) are mandatory and must be filled.
5) The last date for receipt of online applications is 30 November 2016.
6) Applicants should be studying in one of the following:
BS / BSc / BVSc / BPharm (II and III years only)
BE / BTech / BCA (II and III years only)
MS / MSc / MVSc / MPharm (I year only)
ME / MTech / MCA (I year only)
(5-year integrated) MS / MSc /MTech / MBBS (II, III, IV years only)
(dual degree) BTech + MTech (II/III/IV years only)
(dual degree) BE + MSc (II, III, IV years only)
(dual degree) BS + MS (II, III, IV years only)
Integrated PhD (I, II years only)
7) The minimum percentage of average marks in core subjects only (i.e. excluding languages) from X std. up to post-graduation (whichever years completed) should be 65% or above.
8) Students doing PhD are not eligible.
9) Applicants who have availed the Academies fellowship twice before are not eligible to apply.
18) Academy means Indian Academy of Sciences, Bengaluru. Academies mean Indian Academy of Sciences (Bengaluru), Indian National Science Academy (New Delhi), and The National Academy of Sciences, India (Allahabad).
19) Guide means a person from the list of scientists/faculty approved by the Academies as guides.
20) All correspondence should be addressed to:
Mr C.S. Ravi Kumar
Coordinator, Summer Research Fellowship Programme
Indian Academy of Sciences
CV Raman Avenue, near Mekhri Circle
Bangaluru 560 080
Tel. (080) 2266 1207, 2266 1202, 2266 1221
To APPLY ONLINE click "Further official information" below.