Santander International Scholarships from University of Lincoln
Santander International Scholarships support high-achieving students from USA, Mexico, Puerto Rico, Colombia, Brazil, Chile, Uruguay, Argentina, Belgium, Poland, Germany, Spain, Portugal, Russia, China, Korea, Singapore and UAE.
There will be four £5000 scholarships awarded in September 2016, available to students studying across all programmes at the University of Lincoln.
Two £5,000 scholarships are available to both Undergraduate and Postgraduate students across any programme.
The awards will be presented to eligible international students with the highest academic qualifications. Successful scholarship winners will be selected by the University of Lincoln’s International Office on application to the University.
There is no separate application form. Students should successfully apply for admission onto an undergraduate programme at the University of Lincoln in the year of admission and then receive and firmly accept an academic offer of a place.
If the offer is conditional, the student will need to fulfil the terms of his/her offer in order to qualify for the scholarship.
The deadline for applications to the University of Lincoln, in order to be eligible for the Santander International Scholarship in 2016, is 31 May 2016.
Terms and Conditions:
Value and Allocation of Award
- In September 2016 the scholarships will be allocated as follows:
- Two £5,000 scholarships will be available to qualifying applicants from the BSc (Hons) Chemistry programme
- Two £5,000 scholarships will be available to qualifying applicants from the BSc (Hons) Mathematics programme
- The scholarship awarded will be deducted from the first year fee payable
- The scholarships will be awarded for one year only
- The University reserves the right to withdraw these scholarships at any point and without notice.
- The Santander International Scholarships will be awarded to students in the first instance on the basis of academic performance. This will take account of grade point averages and (where relevant) portfolios of work
- To be eligible for the scholarship, students must be domiciled in the countries covered by the Santander Universities Global Division scheme.
- Applications are sorted by academic achievement and considered initially by staff in the International Office
- Successful applicants must be able to demonstrate exceptional academic achievement. Recipients of the Santander International Scholarship will be selected after assessment by the International Office on application to the University. The International Office will seek appropriate academic advice when selecting the recipients of the scholarship
- Financial circumstances will not be taken into account.
Condition of Award
- Successful scholarship winners will be expected to:
- Be in good standing and enrolled on their programme of study as at 1st December in the relevant academic year
- Abide by the University regulations for academic and personal behaviour and act as an ambassador of the University
- The University cannot and does not accept responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect or delay in the UCAS system resulting in applications lost, damaged or delayed outside of the University’s control
- The University reserves the right to withhold or withdraw payment subject to inappropriate behaviour in breach of the University’s regulations or these rules.
- Students who are deferring entry will not be eligible for the 2016 scholarship
- Scholarship winners will be requested to take part in promotional activity for the University and/or Santander, and the University reserves the right to use the names of scholarship award winners, their photographs and audio and/or visual recordings of them in publicity and marketing materials
- The scholarship is exclusively for the student selected to receive it and is neither transferable nor exchangeable
- By accepting the scholarship, students agree to accept the full terms, conditions and rules of the scholarship and agree to abide by the University rules and any requirements and/or proceedings issued by the University of Lincoln in regard to the scholarship.
For further information, please get in touch with the International Office on +44 (0)1522 886040 or through the International Contact Form
This opportunity has expired. It was originally published here: