The Cardiff Met Postgraduate Scholarship is an award for Home or EU students who have gained a First Class Honours degree and who wish to progress on to postgraduate study. Students must be entering a full-time taught Masters programme at Cardiff Met in September 2017. The award will provide a contribution of £3,000 towards your tuition fees. This is not a cash award. For up-to-date course fees please visit the original web page. There are a limited number of awards available.
Students are not guaranteed a scholarship offer, regardless of when an application is submitted. You will need to plan well in advance how you are going to pay the tuition fees and support yourself whilst you are studying a Masters.
- You must be a Home or EU student.
- You must have obtained a first class honours degree at Cardiff Metropolitan University or another university (For non UK qualifications we will need to check equivalency).
- You must have applied for a full-time, taught Masters programme at a Cardiff based campus of Cardiff Metropolitan University (September 2017 entry).
- You must be privately funded.
- You must not have been awarded the scholarship in previous years.
- This scholarship is not available to PGCE students.
- You must have applied for a scholarship by the final deadline of 31st July 2017. Applications after this date will not be considered.
Applying For The Scholarship
You must have applied for a programme which meets the criteria in the 'Eligibility' section above. There will be three completely separate scholarship application rounds, with a limited number of scholarships available per round. You can only apply in one round. Entry windows are:
- Round 1 - 1st November 2016 until 31st January 2017
- Round 2 - 1st February until 30th April 2017
- Round 3 - 1st May until 31st July 2017
You can only submit one scholarship application. If we receive more than one application, the earliest will be taken into account. You will be able to apply during the final year of your undergraduate programme if you think you are on track for a First Class Honours degree.
Applicants will be notified if they have been successful during August 2017, after the deadline of the final round.
In the event there are more eligible applicants than scholarships in a round, they will be awarded in order of scholarship application date within the round entry window ( i.e. first-come, first, served). There will be no movement of applications or scholarships between rounds.
How To Apply?
Directly after your programme application
On completing a programme application through student self-service, you will be offered the choice to apply for a Postgraduate Scholarship. You can either apply at that point, or wait until a later round by contacting the Scholarship Co-Ordinator on the web site mentioned in the original web page when you are ready to apply. The date you submit your scholarship application will determine your application round. e.g. if your scholarship application is submitted on 20th January, you will be included in Round 1; if it's submitted on 2nd February, round 2.
If you have already applied for a 2017 programme
If you have already applied for a Masters and would like to apply for the scholarship, contact the Scholarship Co-Ordinator on the web site mentioned in the original web page. Provided you meet the 'eligibility criteria' above, you will be sent a link with further information. The date you submit your scholarship application will determine your application round. e.g. if your scholarship application is submitted on 20th January, you will be included in Round 1; if it's submitted on 2nd February, round 2.
If you are a deferred Cardiff Met applicant
If you deferred your Cardiff Met Masters application from 2016 and already have a first class honours degree, you can apply for the scholarship by contacting the Scholarship Co-ordinator on the web site mentioned in the original web page. Provided you meet the 'eligibility criteria' above, you will be sent a link to further information. The date you submit your application will determine your application round. e.g. if your scholarship application is submitted on 20th January, you will be included in Round 1; if it's submitted on 2nd February, round 2.
You will receive an automatic notification by email that we have received your scholarship application. If you do not receive this notification, contact the university as soon as possible on the web site mentioned in the original web page so they can confirm receipt. You will be notified of the final outcome during August 2017. Please let the university know if you change your e-mail address or the university may not be able to contact you.
Allocation and Payment of the Scholarship
- There are a limited number of scholarships available in each round. Rounds will be considered completely separately to each other. If there are more eligible applicants than scholarships within a round, they will be awarded on a first-come, first-served basis (based on scholarship application date). There will be no movement of applications or scholarships between rounds.
- Scholarships will be awarded based on the information held by the Admissions Department. Students are therefore advised to send in proof of degree qualifications as soon as possible.
- All awards will be allocated against tuition fees following enrolment in September. No further awards are made during the academic year.
- Students awarded the scholarship, but who defer or suspend their studies after beginning the course, may defer the remaining scholarship award (i.e. what is remaining once any fees have been paid) to the next academic year only.
For more information please click on "Further official information" below.
This opportunity has expired. It was originally published here: