Policy Research Internship
Politheor is accepting applications for interns who will be supporting the op-ed team over the course of five months. The internships are online-based, with both training and mentorship offered online. Incentives such as training in op-ed writing, merit-based financial and non-financial awards and networking can all be expected.
Politheor is a European policy platform that brings together policy analysts to help enhance the quality of European public policy discussions. Its goal is to promote and support talent in public policy analysis. Politheor’s Advisory and Editorial board comprise of experts affiliated to some of the top education and policy institutions in Europe. Politheor also organizes trainings in policy writing, and promotes knowledge acquisition among the next generation of policy specialists.
ELIGIBILITY AND PROFILE
We encourage motivated senior students and recent graduates in Public policy, Political Science, International Relations, Media Studies etc. to apply. Graduates in other fields who demonstrate interest in public policy may also be considered.
All candidates must be able to:
– Meet strict deadlines while providing quality content.
– Speak fluent English, with excellent written skills.
– Demonstrate strong analytical capacity and ability to discern policy issues.
– Show willingness to learn and cooperate.
– Prove interest and expertise in one of the relevant policy areas (see below)
Previous experience is a plus, but not a necessary condition.
BENEFITS AND OPPORTUNITIES
– Every intern who successfully finishes the internship will receive an Internship Certificate.
– Interns will enhance their experience and proficiency in writing policy-related op-eds, both through experience, training and mentoring.
– The merit-based awards include the Excellence in Policy Analysis certificate issued by the leading experts of the Politheor Advisory Board, as well as other financial and non-financial awards.
– Those who complete their internships satisfactorily will receive preferential treatment when applying for projects and events organised by Politheor.
– The possibility of future employment in the Politheor network.
– Great opportunity to publish and promote your work.
– Opportunity for networking in a fast-growing European Public Policy Center.
Send your CV along with an English language cover letter demonstrating your interest and expertise in one of the indicated policy areas to firstname.lastname@example.org. Make sure to indicate in the Subject field the policy area/op-ed section you are applying for.
Applications without proper indication of the policy area in the Subject field will not be considered.