Peace Revolution Fellowship Program
After our visit to diverse countries in the Caribbean last year, we realize how much potential for peacebuilding and meditation these beautiful islands have. Then, for 2016, we decided to perform the first Global Peace on the Move in the Caribbean, in the beautiful island of Jamaica.
The Caribbean is well known for their warm and beautiful islands, joyful people, reggae music and a mix of cultures that is what brought us to this part of the continent. They already know how to live in peace, connected to the earth, sky and the sea. Peace Revolution wants to bring them another type of peace to be found inside themselves, an inner peace that will blossom in outer peace for their region. We will share with the Caribbean a simple tool: meditation.
This training starts with a 42 Days online self-development program on our interactive and free platform which will help you to get the habit of daily meditation. Then, you need to perform a Online Special OPS where you will get the chance to share this practice with others. After doing these activities you will be ready to develop your PIPO proposal, which is an initiative on how to share peace with more people in your country of residence.
Participants will learn how meditation can help them achieve inner peace in a 14 days retreat. They will be able to develop positive thinking, gain emotional resilience, and increase human capacities such as empathy and kindness. We will also practise mindfulness during yoga and other complementary group activities.
Our fellowships also work on the following topics:
- Conflict resolution and the role of the basic human self-disciplines
- The role of our habits in our daily life and how to improve; the 5 Rooms of life
- The factors that determine our perception to think, act and speak; relation between body and mind
- Leadership: Eight pillars for a stable peaceful society
Everyone interested in finding their inner peace and share it with people around you is welcome to apply. Every profession and study is important: social workers, holistic therapists, business studies, artists, and a long etcetera.
- Candidates should come from the following countries of residence: Antigua y Barbuda, Anguilla, Aruba, Bahamas, Barbados, Belize, Bermuda, Bonaire, British Virgin Islands, Caribbean Netherlands, Cayman Islands, Curacao, Cuba, Dominica, Dominican Republic, Grenada, Guadeloupe, French Guyana, Haiti, Jamaica, Martinique, Montserrat, Netherlands Antilles, Nicaragua, Panama, Puerto Rico, Saint Barthelemy, Saint Kitts and Nevis, Saint Lucia, Saint Martin & Sint Maarten, Saint Vincent And the Grenadines, Saint Eustatius, Trinidad and Tobago, Turks and Caicos Islands and U.S. Virgin Islands.
- Age required between 20-32 years old at the time of submitting the application in order to receive the transportation support.
- Must have completed 42 days of the English online self-development program. Note that in order to submit the application form, candidates do not need to have completed the online self-development program.
- Candidates must have completed at least 1 OFFLINE (with 5 or more participants) and 1 ONLINE (with 10 or more participants) Special Ops.
- Candidates need to submit a PIPO Proposal (included in the application form).
- Candidates have good proficiency in written and spoken English language.
- Candidates should be optimistic, be open-minded, show leadership potential, and have a genuine interest in peace.
- Candidates must finish all the above requirements (the self-development program as well as the online Special Ops) before the eligibility deadline of a fellowship.
Application Deadline - February 10th, 2016 (last date to apply online)
Eligibility Deadline - March 10th, 2016 (last date for completing eligibility criteria to receive interview call)
After completing the self-development program with Special Ops (1 OFFLINE + 1 ONLINE) and submission of the PIPO proposal, the Peace Revolution selection committee will make an interview appointment based on your performance, strength of your proposal, available fund as well as group combination in each fellowship. There is no need to write a request for an interview. If you are qualified, we will contact you ourselves.
This opportunity has expired. It was originally published here: