2019 FRANCE EXCELLENCE SUMMER SCHOOL AT THE SORBONNE SCHOOL OF ECONOMICS
SUMMER SCHOOL ON INTERNATIONAL ECONOMICS AND SUSTAINABLE GLOBAL DEVELOPMENT
In order to improve the quality and quantity of recruitment of foreign students in PhD programs for French universities, the French embassy and Campus France Agency implemented the «École d’été France Excellence» (France Excellence Summer School). To improve the possible contacts, make the opportunity of a thesis more visible, help potential supervisors meet and assess future students, the embassy supports the organization of summer schools dedicated to the initiation to research for foreign students.
The Sorbonne School of Economics is offering a summer school on International Economics and Sustainable Global Development as a response to this call for projects. This program will include a mix of Chinese students and other international students to train them in research on international economics and globalization and to sensitize them in this framework on themes of research on sustainable development. The students of the summer school will have courses with other students from Paris 1. The combination of Chinese and nonChinese audiences will provide an opportunity for all participants to learn to work in a multicultural environment.
The teaching method will mix theoretic course lectures and methodology with collective work organized in small groups allowing to mix Chinese and non-Chinese students to prepare a report on a specific subject under the supervision of the teaching team. Participants will benefit from French language training in interactive and mobile French courses mixing language training and French culture.
To take place at the Sorbonne School of Economics
Title and summer school theme: Sorbonne School of Economics Summer School on
International Economics and Sustainable Global Development
Periode of program: 17 June 2019 – 15 July 2019
3800€ per student (+ additional fees from Campus France may apply)
The program cost includes tuition fee in the summer school, transportation from Charles de Gaulles airport in Paris to the student residence and return trip to CDG airport for departure, including unlimited transportation pass in and around Paris and Ile-de-France area, breakfast and lunch Monday-Friday, student accommodation in Paris for the duration of the summer school program, cultural and academic program in Paris. The program cost does not include travel to Paris (excludes airfare or train fare), health insurance, visa expenses, study supplies, additional or student organized excursions. Students should come with their own laptop computer.
How to Apply via Campus France:
• The Summer Schools Program France Excellence is dedicated to Master students who wish to pursue with a PhD. Students should have a good English level and an excellent academic background in the chosen field. The number of places available is limited to guarantee the quality of supervision. A limited number (100) of grants will be attributed by the French Embassy to support exceptional applications.
• The application process is individual. You must 1/ Create an account on the Campus France Website 2/ Fill in your profile information (including uploading documents), 3/ Apply to the 2018 Session of the Programme France Excellence Summer Schools (taking a special care to describe your motivation and project) and 4/ Choose the school you want to apply to: Sorbonne School of Economics Summer School on International Economics and Sustainable Global Development.
Also send via email directly to firstname.lastname@example.org a pdf of the following
• A detailed CV in English
• A cover letter describing interest in the program and your motivation and research interests (max: 1.5 pages)
• Certified English translation of academic transcripts and a copy of Degrees in Economics (Bachelor’s, Master’s Degree in Economics, PhD)
• An English language certificate: TOEFL scores (no older than 3 years, at least 550 for PBT; 80 for IBT; 213 for computer-based test) of at least 550 or another certificate deemed to be equivalent. If available, the TOEFL can be substituted by: PTE with an academic score of at least 54 or IELTS with an average score of at least 6.5
• A copy of your passport
Applications are open between 2018 December 20th and 2019 March 15th.
You will be informed about admission by 2019 April.
For more information click "LINK TO ORIGINAL" below.