The MBA in International Tourism Management is a three semester full-time course leading to a specialist Master of Business Administration (MBA)-degree.
The program offers resourceful, entrepreneurial, innovative and global networking competence.
This is achieved by qualified teaching staff, an international and diverse student body, a faculty which provides a unique environment for intellectual exchange, joint research combined with academic excellence, practical orientation and an in-company internship. The course provides students with a competitive advantage in securing a career in the tourism industry.
||three semesters, including master’s thesis and oral defense
|Language of instruction:
||12,500 euro (plus semester fee of ~290 Euro)
||25 students maximum
||March 31st 2016
The MTM-program provides students with a careful balance of managerial knowledge and specialist skills tailored specifically towards the tourism sector. The ability to be resilient and adaptable to changes is a critical requirement for survival. Managers need to be able to take charge and to implement tough and decisive actions.
This requires innovative and comprehensive networking skills. Therefore this prestigious degree enables students to take charge of these changes effectively with great confidence and make use of the abundant opportunities of tomorrow.
The core components of the MBA program cover the following areas of qualifications:
- The phenomenon of tourism and its systems
- Economics of tourism and its industries
- Environments of tourism
- Tourism demand
- Strategic and operative marketing competences in tourism
- International and global tourism management
- Specific management competences in tourism (a.o. project management, e-tourism, quality management and process management)
- Marketing research in tourism
- Culture and cross-culture management
- Business policy and ethics
The MBA in International Tourism Management is completed with the master's examination which is taken after two semesters. Students are required to write their master´s thesis at the end of the second semester when all modules have fully been covered. The thesis has to be defended in an oral exam. In case a student does an internship after the second semester the oral exam takes place after the third semester.
The overall grade incorporates results obtained from exams during the course as well as the evaluation of the master´s thesis. Upon successful completion of the course students are awarded the degree of "Master of Business Administration (MBA)".
The fee does not include textbooks, living expenses and accommodation (approx. Euro 650 monthly), health insurance and travelling.
*plus ~ € 290 study fee per semester (includes free usage of public transportation in and around Bremen and Lower Saxony)
Please use the button on the right for online application.
The general requirements for admission are:
- An academic, business-related degree (bachelor). For foreign applicants: the course director has to approve the academic degree.
- Generally two years of practical professional experience.
- Proof of a very good standard of English shown by appropriate certificates (A-level English course, TOEFL paper based 560 points, TOEFL computer based 220 points, IELTS 6,0; option: English test)
This opportunity has expired. It was originally published here: