Student Scholarship Award
For university or college students of film or film production at the undergraduate or graduate levels in a degree or diploma program. Nominations must be made by the school department or program official.
(Form must be completed in full to qualify.)
Prizes Awarded in this Worldwide Program
(awarded in US dollar, to be delivered by check, by mail, to the institution)
Excellence in the Craft of Filmmaking Category:
- Gold: $5,000 Scholarship Tuition Award and $5,000 KODAK Motion Picture Product Grant
- Silver: $3,000 Scholarship Tuition Award and $3,000 KODAK Motion Picture Product Grant
- Bronze: $2,000 Scholarship Tuition Award and $3,000 KODAK Motion Picture Product Grant
A Blue Ribbon Jury will evaluate all final selections. The jury will consist of one individual from Kodak and one from the University Film & Video Association (UFVA), plus a representative from the filmmaking industry. Nominees will be evaluated on the basis of academic achievement, creative and technical ability, communications ability, and range of filmmaking experience. Visual Imagery will count 50%, creative and other technical skills 25%, and the other criteria 25%.
Conditions of Entry
- Entries must be completed works that communicate a story or theme in some fashion — no clips or short vignettes.
- Eligible institutions are colleges and universities in the following countries: Argentina, Australia, Austria, Barbados, Belize, Benelux, Bermuda, Brazil, Canada, Chile, Colombia, Costa Rica, Czech Republic, France, Germany, Guyana, Haiti, Hungary, Italy, Jamaica, Japan, Korea, Mexico, Netherlands Antilles, New Zealand, Pakistan, Philippines, Poland, Puerto Rico, Romania, Russian Federation, Singapore, South Africa, Spain, Surinam, Sweden, Switzerland, Thailand, United Kingdom, United States, Uruguay and Venezuela.
- Each institution can nominate one cinematography student each year for consideration for the KODAK Student Cinematography Scholarship Award.
- College student nominees must be fulltime undergraduate or graduate students enrolled in the 2015 - 2016 academic year and planning to enroll for the 2016 - 2017 academic year in a film school’s degree or diploma program.
- All judges’ decisions are final.
- The names of the winners may be published on the website at www.kodak.com/go/motion. Winners agree to allow the free use of their names, photographs and general location for publicity and news purposes in connection with the Scholarship Program.
- The winner’s film entry will be screened at the annual UFVA Conference.
for a KODAK Scholarship Award and verify that:
- The applicant is working toward the degree or diploma program described in this application and the camera workand/or film production submitted in the portfolio is by him or her.
- My educational institution attests to the nominee’s outstanding abilities and talent in cinematography and filmproduction as expressed in the faculty member’s statement.
- If a Scholarship Tuition Award is given from this application, I warrant that these funds will be administered by myinstitution in compliance with the conditions of the prize.
This opportunity has expired. It was originally published here: