GSA is Hiring! EU Operations Coordinator
The GSA is hiring a full time EU Operations Coordinator to lead region-based policy advocacy, promotion, member outreach, and fundraising activities.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop and execute an advocacy strategy with members and partners to achieve identified policy objectives.
- Develop and maintain relationships with political leaders, government agencies, policy institutions, and others.
Promotion and Outreach
- Research, design, and lead a marketing campaign to promote shea in food and cosmetic industries.
- Develop and maintain relationships with research institutions and a variety of EU media outlets.
- Coordinate publication of news articles.
- Identify and engage new EU members.
- Recruit partners to support GSA sustainability program.
- Manage and produce annual EU Trade and Industry Conference.
- Identify and pursue fundraising opportunities via private foundations, government agencies, international donors, and crowdfunding campaigns.
- Coordinate with GSA technical staff to submit proposals.
- Bachelor’s or master’s degree.
- Minimum of two years experience in international development, sustainable supply chains, policy advocacy, and/or non-profit work.
- Passion and commitment for women’s empowerment in Africa.
- Highly motivated and creative problem solver.
- Ability to establish and maintain relationships with public and private institutions.
- Ability to learn and quickly assimilate diverse technical information.
- Proven ability to organize, work independently, and achieve quantifiable results.
- Concise and convincing written and verbal communication ability.
- Ability to manage multiple projects and day-to-day operations simultaneously.
- Must currently hold EU citizenship or EU work permit.
The EU Operations Coordinator will work in close collaboration with the GSA managing director. The annual salary is approximately €40,000. This position is an ideal opportunity for an ambitious junior level employee seeking challenging growth opportunities. To apply, please send a cover letter and resume to jfunt[at]globalshea.comby August 28, 2015.
This opportunity has expired. It was originally published here: