The Winter School on Federalism and Governance is a common cross-border project of the Institute for Studies on Federalism and Regionalism of the European Academy Bolzano/Bozen (EURAC), the Faculty of Law and the School of Political Science and Sociology of the University of Innsbruck. Since its first edition 2010 it takes place under the auspices of the Secretary General of the Council of Europe.
The Winter School analyzes the phenomena of federalism, regionalism and multilevel governance from a legal and a political science perspective. Every edition pays special attention to a particular topic, which is approached in detail by legal scholars, political scientists and practitioners. The next edition of the Winter School will take place from 30 January-10 February 2017 and will focus on power-sharing in federal systems.
The two-week postgraduate programme welcomes an international audience: young researchers and academics, post-docs and post-graduate students, civil servants from a local, regional or national government as well as employees of international organizations or NGOs.
Who can participate?
The Winter School is designed for those who wish to upgrade their knowledge of federalism and regionalism through an interdisciplinary and comparative approach, including:
- young researchers and academics
- post-docs and postgraduate students
- civil servants from local, regional or national government
- employees of international organisations or NGOs
- Please note that the programme builds on assumed prior knowledge of federalism.
What to expect in Innsbruck and Bolzano/Bozen?
The two-week programme is embedded in an exciting international learning environment in Austria (Innsbruck, Tyrol) and in Italy (Bolzano/Bozen, South Tyrol) and includes:
- lectures by distinguished academics;
- discussions and case studies with experts;
- study visits to political institutions;
- interactive workshops and a public lecture.
- The Winter School is held entirely in English
To APPLY go to "Further official information" below and fill the online form.