ISTC Research Grant Program
Innovative Solutions and Technologies Center (ISTC) with the support of Enterprise Incubator Foundation and USAID Armenia are announcing the third call of ISTC Research Grant Program (IRGP)which is intended to encourage collaboration between academy and industry, R&D promotion and commercialization.
ISTC will support projects undertaking innovation from the demonstration stage through to piloting, test-beds, systems validation in real-world/working conditions. It targets relatively mature new technologies, concepts, processes and business models that need the last development step to reach the market and achieve wider deployment.
Innovation is fostered when new ideas can emerge and easily translate into socio-economic value. Working together, partners with complementary backgrounds, knowledge and skills, and in new and established value-chains, can turn these ideas into sustainable innovative products, processes and services that both address societal challenges and/or are highly competitive in global markets. Armenian research produces promising results, but many cases are not yet deployed at large scale in a systematic manner. The challenge is to stimulate effective piloting and targeted demonstrations in large-scale sectorial actions involving key local and international industry actors.
IRGP eligibility criteria:
The proposals must satisfy the following eligibility requirements to be considered:
- The applicant needs to represent at least one of Armenian higher or research education institutions
- The proposed research shall be in the overall scope of the program
- The proposed research project should be in one of research topics
- Recommended size of team 2-3 people
- Team shall include at least 1 young scientist
Research Key Priority Areas
- Research main areas: Cognitive computing (AI), Machine Learning, Big Data Analytics, Cyber Security, Cloud Computing, Internet of things and Blockchains.
- Other Research areas: bioinformatics, nanotechnology; foundations with work in areas such as content management, services-oriented architectures, and healthcare informatics
- Industries: banking and finance, transportation, healthcare, life sciences, retail, telecommunications, energy and water. The stated industries are not limitations, but will accordingly allow to find a partnership for further commercialization of the Research.
Within a year after contract signature the grantee is obliged to:
- Submit at least 1 peer reviewed publications;
- Submit one international grant jointly with ISTC and international partners;
- Conduct 2 workshops where the research project progress will be presented;
- Conduct final workshop where the pilot solution shall be demonstrated.
In the scope of IRGP ISTC will provide:
- Funding – 6000 USD NET for 1-year research work on their topic;
- Access to ISTC infrastructure and resources;
- Funding for travel to US, in case of matching with IBM partner University in USA, and invitation letter from the partner;
- Support in development of commercialization strategy;
- Support in development of joint international grant with global partners
If you have questions you are welcome to participate to the Info-session of the Grant Program on Feb 14, 18:00 at ISTC.
ISTC is accepting Concept Papers as the first stage of the Application procedure, the deadline for submission 24:00, Feb 18, 2018.
Application process under this program will be implemented through following consequent stages:
- IRGP Announcement
- Submission of Concept Paper and eligibility check
- Full Application Submission (if concept paper is approved)
- Evaluation of applications
Based on the Selection Committee decision contract is signed between EIF and award winner. The contract describes the roles and responsibilities of each side also the terms and conditions of project’s implementation. The contract annexes should include project implementation timetable with agreed specific milestones to be accomplished in the duration of the award and linked with project budget disbursement schedule.
For more information click "LINK TO ORIGINAL" below.
This opportunity has expired. It was originally published here: