ISTC is established with the joint efforts of IBM, USAID, Ministry of Economy of Armenia and EIF
ISTC will provide infrastructure and resources for creation of innovative products and services; formation of new and viable IT startups and promotion of usage of e-services in local businesses. The Center also aims to enhance ICT education by upgrading curricula at Armenian Universities, enhancing R&D by providing access to the latest technologies/expertise and transfer of know-how/best practices provided by top IBM consultants within the scopes of IBM Academic Initiative.
- Modernizing IT curricula at major Armenian Universities
- Modernizing laboratory equipment at the Yerevan State University
- Upgrade the faculty qualification
- Increase the number of qualified IT/High-Tech workforce in Armenia
- Transfer Armenia into a regional IT/High-Tech centre of excellence