Heilongjiang Government Scholarship for International Students
The government of Heilongjiang Province has established the Heilongjiang Government Scholarship for International Students(hereinafter referred to as Scholarship) in accordance with the Guidance for the Medium and Long-Term Educational Reform and Development in Heilongjiang Province (2012-2020),in effort to further promote the development and make progress on scale, level and service ability of the international students’ education of Heilongjiang Province, and attract more academically excellent international students to study in Heilongjiang.
The scholarship is to support international students with excellent performance, who are to study in the appointed educational institutions in Heilongjiang province, for degrees at different levels.
A. Education background and age limit
- Applicants for bachelor’s degree must have acquired a diploma equivalent to Chinese high-school graduate and be under the age of 25, and should also be in accordance with the eligibility of the host institution.
- Applicants for master’s degree program must have bachelor’s degree and be under the age of 35 and should have a bachelor’s degree with letters of recommendation from two professors or associate professors.
- Applicants for doctoral degree program must have master’s degree and be under the age of 40 and should have a master’s degree with letters of recommendation from two professors or associate professors.
B. Other Requirements
- Applicants must be non-Chinese citizens (with a foreign nationality over four years) and be in good health
- Applicants must comply with laws and regulations of the Chinese government and rules and disciplines of the host institutions.
- Applicants should not be currently studying in China. (Students currently in China who graduated from a Chinese institution for more than one academic year are eligible.)
- Applicants’ proficiency of Chinese level be determined by the host institution according to specialty and teaching language.
- Applicants should not be awardees of any other scholarships.
Applicants should hand in applications within written forms in accordance with provisions of class A, B and C scholarships from January to April each year. Application Deadline April 30. Applicants must fill in and provide the following documents honestly and completely (in duplicate):
1. Application Form for Scholarship (filled in Chinese or English).
2. Highest diploma (notarized photocopy): Applicants shall also provide proof of studying on application. Documents in languages other than Chinese or English must be attached with notarized translations in Chinese or English.
3. Academic transcripts (notarized photocopy): Transcripts in languages other than Chinese or English must be attached with notarized translations in Chinese or English. HSK record: determined by the needs of host institution.
4. A study or research plan in Chinese or in English.
5. Recommendation letters from two professors or associate professors in Chinese or English for doctoral degree and master’s degree scholarship applicants.
6. Bachelor’s degree scholarship applicant should provide their home country high school academic record.
7. Original and photocopy of Foreigner Physical Examination Form printed by Chinese quarantine authority. The medical examinations must cover all the items listed in the Foreigner Physical Examination Form. Incomplete records or those without the signature of the attending physician, official stamp of the hospital or a sealed photograph of the applicants are invalid. The medical examination results are valid for 6 months. All applicants are kindly requested to take this factor into consideration while determining the time to take the medical examination.
8. Photocopy of passport (within the validity period).
9. Other documents if required by the host institution.