Special PhD fellowship
The special PhD fellowship enables persons not employed within scientific research to complete a PhD within one year. Applicants must be in possession of a "temporary leave" certificate issued by their current employer.
Period: 1 year
Net scholarship amount: identical to the last net salary of the main activity
Deadline: 1 February 2016*
Announcement of results: 22 June 2016
Start of fellowship: 1 September 2016
Success rate 2015: 41,67%
*If this date falls on a Saturday or Sunday, the closing date is moved to the following Monday at 17:00.
- You contact a supervisor affiliated to a Flemish university
- The supervisor undertakes to properly coach and guide you as doctorandus.
- The supervisor is invited by the FWO to write a letter of recommendation.
- You complete your application online
- Your application is submitted to the FWO Expert Panels.
- The Expertpanels report to the Board of Trustees.
- The Board of Trustees decides on your appointment.