PhD positions At Erasmus School of Economics
The Erasmus School of Economics starts several PhD projects per year. These projects are fully funded and salaried positions for 3 or 4 years (depending on pre-education) supervised by a professor at Erasmus School of Economics. Some PhD projects are staffed by internally recruited candidates, other projects are staffed through open recruitment.
All PhD projects are affiliated with one of Erasmus School of Economics's graduate schools: ERIM or the Tinbergen Institute. Please note that in order to be considered for a PhD position, applicants have to meet all the admission requirement of the affiliated graduate school. See the individual project pages for more information.
See the list below for all projects included in the current application round (deadline January 29th, 2017).
Econometrics and Management Science:
- The evolution of asset market linkages in crisis periods (supervisors: Chen Zhou, Patrick Groenen)
- Open PhD project at the Econometric Institute (supervisors: Richard Paap, Patrick Groenen, Dennis Fok)
- Data science for the public sector (supervisors: Patrick Groenen, Michel van der Velden)
- Monitoring business cycles (supervisors: Philip Hans Franses, Dick van Dijk)
- Nowcasting methods (supervisors: Philip Hans Franses, Dick van Dijk)
- Competitiveness and productivity of the Indian manufacturing industries (supervisors: Enrico Pennings, Ajay Bhaskarabhatla)
- Skill-relatedness in cities and firms (supervisors: Frank van Oort, Enrico Pennings)
- Applying behavioural economic theories to economic problems (supervisors: Kirsten rohde, Han Bleichrodt, Aurélien Baillon)
- Interactions between nature and nurture in the development of education and health (supervisors: Eddy van Doorslaer, Hans van Kippersluis)
- Self-employment, unemployment and health (supervisors: Roy Thurik, Jolanda Hessels)
Finance and Accounting:
- Agency conflicts and corporate policies in the short and long run (supervisors: Patrick Verwijmeren, Sebastian Gryglewicz)
- Financial management in an internationally connected world (supervisors: Patrick Verwijmeren, Sjoerd van Bekkum, Mike Mao)
- Empirical finance (supervisor: Patrick Verwijmeren)
- Research in financial reporting and valuation (supervisors: Maarten Pronk, Edith Leung)
- Corporate acquisition behaviour (supervisor: Han Smit)
- PhD project in the Marketing department at the Erasmus School of Economics (supervisors: Bas Donkers, Martijn de Jong, Benedict Dellaert, Stefan Stremersch)
- Dark-side online consumer behaviour (supervisors: Martijn de Jong, Rik Pieter)
Nine van Gent
(Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday)
T: +31 (0)10 - 408 22 94
Erasmus School of Economics
ESE PhD admissions office
PO Box 1738
3000 DR, Rotterdam
If you are interested in a PhD postion at Erasmus School of Economics and have not yet started the master’s phase of your study, please consider Erasmus School of Economics’s research master program at Erasmus School of Economics’s graduate schools ERIM or Tinbergen Institute.
To APPLY click "Further official information" below and fill the application form.
This opportunity has expired. It was originally published here: