FULBRIGHT-HOVNANIAN GRANT 2017
The Fulbright-Hovnanian Grant, sponsored by the Hirair and Anna Hovnanian Foundation, awards grants to Armenian students with a vision for contributing to Armenia’s future through a Master’s Degree in STEM fields and/or entrepreneurship.
The Fulbright Foreign Student Program awards grants to students to conduct Master’s Degree studies at U.S. universities. These studies will be funded pending: a successful application for a J-1 visa; receipt of medical clearance; and successful academic placement at a U.S. institution of higher education by the Institute for International Education (IIE). Applicants share a strong academic background, leadership potential, and the adaptability and flexibility to pursue their Fulbright goals successfully.
YOU’RE ELIGIBLE IF YOU HAVE
- Armenian citizenship and residency
- Completed your BA studies by the start of the grant
- Proficiency in English/successful TOEFL and GRE exams
- Completed your online application, including research paper
- Completed or deferred your military service
ELIGIBLE FIELDS OF STUDY ARE
- STEM (science, technology, engineering or math)
- Fields of study that relate to entrepreneurship
INTERESTED? COMPLETE YOUR APPLICATION HERE: https://apply.embark.com/student/fulbright/international
You’ll need to have these items ready before you begin the online application process:
- A personal statement describing why you want to study in the U.S.
- A “Field of Study” essay describing your academic and professional goals
- A personal statement describing how your degree will contribute to Armenia’s future
- Three people who will submit a letter of recommendation for you. These should be people who can speak to your academic abilities and professional goals.
- If you have them, your most recent test scores for the TOEFL and/or GRE. (If you don’t have these, you can still apply—the Embassy will arrange testing for you if you are selected as one of the final candidates.)
The Embassy will organize sessions for potential applicants during April and May. Please follow the Embassy webpage and Facebook page for details. For any questions, please email us at Fulbright@usa.am.