Call for Applications for full undergraduate scholarships to foreign students for the academic 2017/2018 who will study at public Universities in the Republic of Macedonia, where the teaching language is Macedonian
According to the Article 55 paragraph 1 of the Act for the Organization and Operation of the State Administration ("Official Gazette" br.58/00, 44/02, 82/08, 167/10 and 51/11), Article 49 of the Law on students standard ("Official Gazette of the Republic of Macedonia" no. 15/13, 30/13, 120/13 and 41/14) and Article 1 of the Rulebook on awarding scholarship for foreign students from nationalities which are of interest to the Republic of Macedonia ("Official Gazette" no. 169/13 and 9/17), the Ministry of Education and Science of The Republic of Macedonia announces this Call for Applications for students for the academic 2017/2018 who will study at public Universities in the Republic of Macedonia, where the teaching language is Macedonian.
As eligible for the scholarship shall be considered candidates who:
1. Are currently enrolled in the final 4th year of secondary education or who posses a 4-year secondary education (high school) degree;
2. Have a return airplane ticket from/to the applicant’s home country;
3. Are not older than 28 years of age;
4. Have a good knowledge of the English language.
According article 3 from Rulebook on awarding scholarship for foreign students from nationalities which are of interest to the Republic of Macedonia, scholarship provides:
• full tuition fees;
• Expenses for issuing and extension of the temporary residence permit to a foreigner for study
• return air fare from the applicant’s home country;
• primary health insurance
• accommodation and food (full board) at the University’s dorm;
• a monthly allowance of 5,000 MKD (approximately 82 EUR);
All interested candidates should refer to www.stipendii.mon.gov.mk and www.mon.gov.mk for more detailed information regarding the scholarships and the process for application.
The final deadline for application is 16.06.2017.
Documents to be submitted
Candidates are required to provide certified copies from the following original documents:
• Application Form
• Official high school diploma or certificate (where available);
• Official transcripts;
• Proof of English proficiency. All students whose first language is not English are required to provide evidence that their spoken and written command of the English language is appropriate.
• Official document certifying the candidate has no criminal convictions and is not under criminal investigation at the moment of application certified with Apostle Stamp. Candidates should note that with the exception to some countries, these are two separate documents;
• Official general medical report, including medical tests for HIV and Hepatitis C;
• An electronic copy of the Passport which must be valid for the next 5 calendar years;
• In addition, as part of the application candidates are required to summit two letters of recommendation from two academic professors/teachers who are well acquainted with the candidate’s academic abilities.
All submitted documents must be in English or certified translations in English.
Candidates should submit their application together with all supporting documents to the following address:
Ministry for Education and Science of the Republic of Macedonia
Saints Cyril and Methodius Street, No.54
Republic of Macedonia
All prospective candidates should note that in addition to sending the official copies of all required documents via post, they must also send scanned copies of the required documents to the following e-mail: email@example.com .
Macedonian language course
Successful candidates will spend a semester (during the summer period) intensively studying the Macedonian language, in order to prepare themselves for a successful start of the academic year, which starts in the fall of 2017.
• Applicants who have not completed their high school education by May3 1, 2017 may receive a conditional offer for admission pending their high school diploma. Successful applicants must finalise their high school studies and submit their transcript and diploma no later than July 31, 2017;
• The selection process will be implemented by a five-member committee appointed by the Minister for Education and Science of the Republic of Macedonia;
• Successful applicants will sign a contract with the Ministry of Education and Science of the Republic of Macedonia. The contract will stipulate that the scholarship provides funds for the first academic year and subsequently for the rest of duration of the undergraduate studies of the undergraduate studies, provided that the student ends the first year of studies with satisfactory success rate;
• Additional information regarding the Universities and the programmes available in Macedonia can be found on the websites of the Universities
For all additional information, please do not hesitate to contact Ms.BiljanaZafirovska, phone: +389 2 3227 761 and e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more information please click "Further Official Information" below.