You are between 18 and 30 years, in charge of a project that strenghten the notion of citizenship in your city ? You want to share it and to take part a great meeting gathering over 60 participants from all over Europe, participating in workshops, festive and cultural moments ?
This is the core NCG event. The Forum, which takes place every year in the autumn, aims to bring together young people to present their innovative and inspirational projects linked to citizenship.
Everywhere in Europe, from Amsterdam to Séville, from Warsaw to Nantes, the youth engage and innovate in order to strengthen life quality in their community. Developing relations between citizens, solidarity, protection of the environment, artistic collaboration – every initiative is unique but all of them pursue a common objective : to strengthen the notion of “living together”.
In order to allow these young people to meet, to learn and perhaps to experiment with new forms of projects with a European dimension, the Nantes Creative Generations Forum brings together every year participants from Nantes and Europe to present a concrete initiative. The objective is to encourage and stimulate European exchanges so that they can go further together.
As well as showcasing their own projects, participants will have the chance to learn from peers across Europe and to gain better understanding of the European dimension of local projects. A unique opportunity to develop a project, reinforce / create a network, exchange good practices, strengthen English skills, etc.
Who can participate?
These are the conditions to participate to the Forum:
- To be aged between 18 and 30 years old
- To live and/or develop a project in Nantes Métropole or a Member state of the Council of Europe (+ Belarus)
- To present a concrete initiative
- To fill in the application form to be launched every year in spring.
Selection of projects:
Each year, 30 projects are presented : 10 from Nantes and 20 from all of Europe
- Projects must contribute to strengthen the notion of "living together", involve a "citizenship" approach in tits general sense and develop an original approach.
- They can be linked to a large range of thematics : environment, health, education, culture, sport, intercultural dialogue, fight again discriminations, media, etc.
- Projects must be concrete initiatives (Or at least in an advanced stage of reflection if not yet realized)
The call for applications is launched every year from March to June.
Projects to participate to the Forum are selected by a jury in June and notified in July.
- The 2017 Forum takes place on October 25-28 in Nantes-France. The Forum starts on wednesday evening and ends on saturday early afternoon.
- English is the official language.
- Transport, accommodation and food costs of European participants are covered by Nantes Métropole (Maximum 2 participants per project).
- Please note that selected participants are asked to book their transport tickets themselves. The organization will then refund travel expenses up to 400 Euros per person, according to the original receipts and tickets sent by the participants. Refunds are provided approximatively 2 months after the Forum.
For more information please click "Further Official Information" below.
This opportunity has expired. It was originally published here: