About the programs
We are delighted that you are considering applying to the College of Europe, a choice you will never regret!
Explore the navigation bar on the right to find out more about our academic and language requirements, fees and scholarships and our application and selection process.
Applicants who wish to pursue a Master's degree at the College of Europe will need to complete an online application. Before filling in the online application form, please read the application instructions
The online application for the academic year 2017-2018 is now open.
Apply now and prepare your career path to become a leader of tomorrow!
Please submit your complete application before the deadline date 18-01-2017.
All applicants to the College must hold a relevant university degree. Candidates must submit a formal application for admission, which consists of an online application.
Applications need to be submitted with all the requested supporting documents before the closing date. All applicants, including students who do not apply for a scholarship, must indicate their selection committee (in principle according to their nationality) in the application form. Should there be no selection committee, please select 'No selection committee - College of Europe'. This does not apply to MATA applicants (Master in Transatlantic Affairs).
Recommendation letters are in the form of online recommendation questionnaires that are automatically sent to your nominated referees via email through your online application.
In the online application under sections "Reference 1" and "Reference 2" you have to indicate who your 2 referees are. Once you completed the referee contact information and clicked on the "send reference request" button your referees will receive an automatic email with a link leading to the reference form that they need to complete and submit.
The reference form exists out of 2 parts. The 3 required fields of part 1 have to be completed. Part 2 can be completed and/or your referee can choose to upload a reference letter which he/she can upload at the bottom of the reference form.
When the referee has submitted his/her reference form you will be informed automatically by email. Deadline date for the referee to submit the reference form is the 1st of February 2017. Please note that the Admissions Office is not authorized to accept references sent by email either from the applicant or directly from the referee.
In case the referee does not receive your request by email please advise him/her to check his/her spam/junk folder. If the message is not in that folder then try to resend your request. If that does not work please contact the Admissions Office.
In order to complete the online application, you will need among others the following information/documents:
- title of degree(s) already obtained: start and end date (university, faculty, etc.)
- title of degree(s) to be obtained: start and end date (university, faculty, etc.)
- other academic activities
- professional experience: type, employer, start and end date, job title
- language knowledge (French, English and other),
- motivation (max 600 words)
- interest in and experience with EU and Transatlantic Affairs (max 600 words) - for MATA applicants only!
- Names and e-mail addresses of 2 professors (who taught you at university and can assess your performance) in order for you to send a reference request to them via the online application system
For the MATA applicants: names and e-mail addresses of 1 professor (who taught you at university and can assess your performance) and 1 employer in order for you to send a reference request to them via the online application system
- CV in Europass format
- copy of your university degree(s) - document(s) in the original language and translation into English or French (if you are not yet in possession of your final degree, please send it by email as soon as it is available)
- transcript(s) from your University, Faculty, School, detailing results for every year of your studies and grades obtained - document(s) in the original language and translation into English or French
- passport or national identity card
- passport photo
Please upload your documents in PDF format only (JPG and PNG only when specified).
If applicable, please contact your selection committee to know if other documents are required.
All applicants to the College of Europe must hold a relevant university degree. Admission to the College of Europe requires either a Bologna Master's degree, or a pre-Bologna equivalent degree, or a final university degree and at least 240 ECTS credits acquired in the course of one's university studies. Holders of a Bachelor degree are also eligible provided they demonstrate strong qualification in relation to the academic programme for which they apply.
Equivalence will be determined on the basis of objective criteria.
For more detailed information on the academic requirements per study department please consult the links in the "Further official information" link below this announcement.
Here are the Master courses available, to find more information regarding the academicrequirements of each of them pease go to "Further official information" link below this announcement.
- European Economic Studies
- European Interdisciplinary Studies
- EU International Relations and Diplomacy Studies
- European Legal Studies
- European Political and Administrative Studies
It is the responsibility of the applicant to make sure all materials are submitted online. Applications which are not complete, i.e. including all required uploads, cannot be submitted and will not be reviewed.
For more information click "Further official information" below.
This opportunity has expired. It was originally published here: