BUCKSMORE THREE CAPITALS
UK TOUR PLUS ENGLISH TUITION FOR 13-17 YEAR-OLDS
The Bucksmore Three Capitals tour takes a summer school on the road as students combine English language learning with travelling the UK.
30 hours of English tuition over two weeks and group cultural projects, students are given the opportunity to explore the differences between all three countries. With private coach travel between London, York, Edinburgh, the Lake District and Cardiff, young explorers are provided with the best possible experience.
Bucksmore Three Capitals offers the opportunity for students to improve their English and understand cultural differences within the United Kingdom.
INCLUDED IN BUCKSMORE THREE CAPITALS:
- Full-board accommodation
- Laundry facilities in Edinburgh
- Airport transfers
- Private coach travel
- Personalised report card & certificate
- Entrances to all attractions
- West End Musical
- Three Capitals can cater for all levels of English, from elementary through to proficiency.
- The age range for students at Bucksmore Three Capitals is 13-17.
The syllabus incorporates language study, language for life, interactive lectures and a cultural project throughout the duration of the programme.
The language study lessons focus on the communicative style of language learning and provide grammar and vocabulary tailored to a student’s ability. Whereas language for life lessons integrate a wider range of topics including learner training, literacy, culture and life skills.
The course aims to:
- Build language skills and confidence gradually through our multi-level syllabus.
- Develop students awareness of regional types of English and different cultures throughout Great Britain.
- Help students achieve their individual goals in language learning.
- Gain a better understanding of English books, films, songs, the internet and other media.
Interactive lectures happen at various locations throughout the two week programme and are designed specifically around the daily excursions and activities. The interactive lectures occur during the evenings in Cardiff, Lake Windermere and York.
Interactive lectures give students the opportunity to learn more about their current location and the English language and history of that area. Thus, contributing to the overall immersive experience of the Three Capitals programme.
Cultural Project Sessions
An ongoing educational project has been chosen to complement the cultural nature of the Three Capitals programme.
The aims of project work are to encourage collaboration and communication through the process of investigating commonly held British stereotypes. Students receive vocabulary and grammar input on a number of evenings throughout the course. In addition, groups are provided with a project guideline which they should follow in each session.
The project culminates in a presentation evening in which groups display and present their work.
Dates & Fees
The price per week at Bucksmore Three Capitals is £970
|LENGTH OF STAY||DATES||LOCATION|
|2 Weeks||26 July – 9 August||London
Included in Course Fees
Prices are fully inclusive, meaning that the only money students need to bring is for souvenirs!
- Breakfast, lunch and dinner
- Packed meals on days when moving between cities
- Wi-Fi available at the accommodation
- Personal travel insurance
- Transfers to and from Heathrow and Gatwick airports
- Laundry in Edinburgh
- Private coach travel
- Welcome packs on arrival
- Bucksmore rucksack, student card and wristband
- Personalised report card and certificate presented at graduation ceremony
- Study materials
Please visit Global Education Fair 2016 in Yerevan (14 May 2016, Best Western Congress Hotel, Picasso Hall ) for more information about this program and scholarship opportunities