Yousef Jameel '68 PhD in Applied Sciences and Engineering Fellowships
In recognition of the critical need for scientists and engineers in the Arab world and with the generous support and visionary leadership of alumnus Yousef Jameel ’68, AUC established the Yousef Jameel '68 PhD in Applied Sciences and Engineering Fellowships in Fall 2010. The program is designed to prepare future scientists and industrial leaders who are Egyptian nationals and who have strong knowledge and skills in science and engineering. The program is intended to enable qualified Egyptian science and engineering graduates to attend AUC on a full tuition-free scholarship basis. The long-term objective of the program is to develop the manpower for research and development in the region by providing the skill sets for future scientists who are easily recruited in prominent positions in Egypt and the region.
- Open to all nationalities
- Master of science degree with a thesis track in an engineering or science discipline from an accredited university
- For new graduate degree-seeking students; satisfy AUC graduate admissions requirements
- Submission of a satisfactory GRE score, as per the PhD program requirements
- Bachelor’s degree with a minimum overall grade point average (GPA) of 3.2 on a 4.0 scale, or equivalent
- Submission of a preliminarily proposed dissertation topic and a research outline, specifying how the topic is related to one or more of the research priority areas
- Relevant scientific research background and experience
- Financial need
Three academic years, with a review every semester for satisfactory academic performance.
AwardThe fellowship covers:
Tuition fees for a maximum of nine credits per semester
Student services and activities fees
A monthly stipend
For more information click "LINK TO ORIGINAL" below.