An exchange focused on legislative process, governance and policymaking for young leaders
The Professional Fellows Program (PFP) provides 5-6 weeklong professional fellowship placements in the U.S., matched to your professional goals; professional partnership opportunities after your return; all travel and living arrangements; a stay with a U.S. host family, and follow-on activities for both you and your professional partner after the fellowship ends.
Applications accepted from employees of:
- Public and Government offices - Civil servants who are active in policy formulation, implementation and promotion of civic initiatives, public administration and local governance at both the local and national level
- NGOs – including those working to promote civic engagement and legal access in effort to provide better access to legal services
Applicants qualify if they:
- Are 25-35 years old
- Are a citizen and current resident of Armenia
- Hold a bachelor’s degree or higher
- Speak fluent English
- Have been employed for 2 years or more
- Have made an impact in your community, organization or company
- Are committed to public service (via NGO, social entrepreneurship, government)
- Have leadership and collaborative skills
PFP goals are to:
- strengthen understanding of the U.S. legislative and governance process;
- enhance appreciation of the role of civil society plays in shaping public policy and holding government accountable;
- create partnerships between institutions in the U.S. and Armenia; and
- establish a common language to develop practical solutions for shared problems and concerns.
PFP participants are selected through a competitive application process.
The Professional Fellows Program is sponsored by the U.S. Department of State, Bureau of Educational and Cultural Affairs. For Armenia, PFP is administered with a legislative focus and administered by American Councils for International Education: ACTR/ACCELS.
Please visit the program website at http://professionalfellows.americancouncils.org/ for more details about PFP application and selection or contact American Councils Armenia office at firstname.lastname@example.org.