The Academic Achievement Scholarship is available to EU (non UK) citizens.
The University of South Wales is pleased to offer the Academic Achievement Scholarship. This scholarship provides financial support to outstanding students from the EU who achieve the EU equivalent qualifications of at least ABB at A level (please see Appendix A for EU equivalences).
The scholarship is worth £2000 in your first year only.
To be eligible, you will need to:
- Be an EU (non UK) student liable for the EU rate of tuition fees and eligible for EU student support from the UK government
- Apply for a full time eligible bachelor honours degree** at a University of South Wales campus by 26 May 2017
- Apply for the Academic Achievement Scholarship by 30 June 2017
- Accept our offer of a place on an eligible course on a firm basis by 14 July 2017
- Meet or exceed the grades outlined in Appendix A , in one sitting from final high school qualifications completed in summer 2017
- Be enrolled on a full time eligible course at a University of South Wales campus at time of payment
How do you apply?
Once you have applied and been offered a place on a for a full time eligible course, you will be sent an email containing a link to an online application form. This application process will open from the 1st of February 2017 onwards. The email will be sent to the email address listed on your course application to the University. The application form for the scholarship MUST be completed by the prospective student and NOT the agent.
How is the scholarship paid?
Payment will be made directly to the eligible student’s bank account by BACS when the award is confirmed in February 2018. Please note: Payments will only be made to UK bank accounts.
How much is the scholarship worth?
Successful students will receive £2000 paid directly into their bank account by BACS when the award is confirmed in February 2018. Please note: Eligible students must be in good academic and financial standing with the University at point of payment e.g. they must not be a debtor without a payment plan and payment can only be made to a UK bank account which is held in the student’s name.
I was going to apply to the University for 2017 entry but am now considering a gap year, will I still be eligible?
If you are planning to start your course in September 2018, you will need to check the details of any bursary or scholarship scheme available to new students starting in September 2018, including fulfilling the eligibility criteria relating to that scheme and making an application if necessary. Details regarding any 2018/19 scheme that might be offered are expected to be announced in summer 2017.
Is the scholarship repayable?
No, there is no requirement for you to repay the Scholarship, unless payment has been made in error, in which case please see the FAQ (18) above regarding overpayments.
For more information click "Further official information" below.
This opportunity has expired. It was originally published here: