Established at Panipat in 2007, the Geeta Institute of Law is a private institute of Haryana. It is affiliated to Kurukshetra University and is approved by the Bar Council of India.
About GIL Student Law Review
GIL Student Law Review (GSLR) is the flagship journal of the Geeta Institute of Law (GIL), affiliated with Kurukshetra University. The journal is an annual, double-blind peer-reviewed, and edited journal that aims to promote the most original and scholarly work in the field of law.
The boundaries of the journal are not confined to a specific discipline of law; rather it intends to touch upon all contemporary areas of legal discourse including the national and international arena.
GSLR is accepting submissions from the students of law and Ph.D. scholars.
GSLR invites well-researched, quality contributions with the cherished object to enhance the knowledge quotient and at the same time initiate intellectual dialogue and debate yielding fruitful results. There is no specific theme. The authors are welcome to contribute to the area of contemporary issues.
GSLR is accepting submissions from the students of law and Ph.D. scholars in the following categories:
- Long Articles (6000-8000, inclusive of footnotes)
- Contributors in this category are intended to extensively engage with a particular legal issue of contemporary relevance while recognizing the lacunae and providing possible suggestions.
- Essays/Short Articles (3000-5000, inclusive of footnotes)
This category targets the precise analysis of a legal problem that poses serious reconsideration in the present social scenario.
- Case and Legislative Comments (1500-2500, inclusive of footnotes)
Authors are intended to present a critical approach to the contemporary legal pronouncements and legislative actions.
- Long and short articles must be accompanied by an abstract of not more than 200 words.
- There can be a maximum of two authors in one submission.
- All manuscripts must be submitted in the English language only.
- The research paper must be the original and unpublished work of the author(s).
- The manuscript must be typewritten. The font should be Times New Roman, font size 12, line spacing 1.5, and justified alignment (except the title and ‘abstract’ caption which should be centrally aligned).
- Citation format: ILI Rules of Footnoting must be adhered to. The footnotes must be typewritten in the font Times New Roman, font size 10, line spacing 1.0, and justified alignment.
- All entries should be submitted in .doc or .docx format.
- Plagiarism above 10 % shall attract immediate disqualification.
- All the submissions must be sent in .doc format through electronic mode only by sending an email to email@example.com with the subject “Submission for “GIL Student Law Review” on or before June 4, 2022.
- All the contributors are also required to submit a cover letter containing the following information:
- Name of the author (s)
- Designation of the author (s)
- Affiliation of the author (s)
- Contact number
- Title of the paper
- Declaration of originality and previously unpublished work.
For more information click "LINK TO ORIGINAL" below.